Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
jokergreen0220 Offline

19.03.2019 07:48
VANCOUVER - At six foot five and 325 pounds, Peter Dyakowski fits in nicely when it comes to the supersized world of pro footbal Antworten

VANCOUVER - At six foot five and 325 pounds, Peter Dyakowski fits in nicely when it comes to the supersized world of pro football. Cheap Air Max Wholesale .Caterpillar would have a hard time moving the Hamilton Tiger-Cats offensive lineman.But the big man couldnt help but be envious of pint-sized teammate Brandon Banks on the trip out to the Grey Cup.I like being a big guy but we were flying out on the plane (Tuesday), we were eating our dinner and all the O-lineman were like this, said Dyakowski, mimicking eating in a scrunched-up position.And Brandons sitting back, enjoying a nice relaxed dinner in this giant chair that he gets to sit in, with all the space in the world. I guess sometimes hes got a leg up on us.Banks is listed at five foot seven and 153 pounds. But pressed by reporters, the kick returner/receiver known as Speedy or Speedy-B admits to some poetic licence.Ive always been the smallest guy and I honestly probably weigh 149 pounds, he said after practice Wednesday at B.C. Place Stadium.While it is home to all body types, the Canadian Football League is still a game of giants. Reporters scattered when a passing play neared the sideline Wednesday. The Hamilton players, wearing shoulder pads and helmets, were not going at full speed but still managed to make like a thundering herd.Amidst the blunt instruments, Banks cut through like a scalpel. An elegant runner, he can change gears in an instant — like a car with a nitrous oxide system.I just feel any time I touch the ball, I have the possibility of going the distance, he said.He did that twice on electric punt returns last weekend — three times if you count a 78-yard runback for a score that was called back due to a penalty — in Hamiltons 40-24 Eastern final win over the Montreal Alouettes.Banks had five punt returns for a playoff-record 226 yards. His two TD returns — which covered 93 and 88 yards — also tied a playoff mark. The North Carolina native had three carries for 35 yards and four catches for 33 yards to finish with 294 total yards.His second TD return was a marvel as he left Als players twisting in the wind.It was almost like Casper the Ghost because it looks like we were just grasping for air and he wasnt there, said Montreal coach Tom Higgins.Brandon Banks is absolutely a special player. He just has a gift, said Ticats slotback Luke Tasker. Thats all there is to it.With kickers penalized for punting the ball out of bounds other than within the 20-yard line, it is hard to escape Banks.Is his size an advantage, he was asked?It has its pros and cons, he said. Because when I get hit, it dont feel good.But it does have a little bit of advantage. Ive got a little bit of wiggle with me to get away from bigger guys.One opponent he relishes seeing in his sights is the kicker — usually the last man to beat, a pylon in opposition colours.Thats the best thing. Thats like Christmas morning for me, he said with a laugh.Banks, 26, spent three years as a returner for the Washington Redskins but came north last year after the NFL team did not tender the restricted free agent an offer.I dont think I got a fair shake, he said of his time in the NFL. I dont think I got an opportunity to show my wide receiver skills.NFL rule changes also reduced the role of a returner on kickoffs.But everything happens for a reason, said Banks, who is due to become a free agent after Sundays championship game. Im glad to be here.It has all added to the size of the chip on Banks shoulder. He has been doubted at every level of football.Hamilton coach Kent Austin says he continues to be surprised by what Banks can do on the field.Hes really, really competitive, and he plays with a lot of confidence, you know. But some of the things that he does on the field, yeah, obviously you cant coach. Were just lucky to have a guy with that kind of talent.Now, that being said, I dont think hes going to surprise Calgary. I mean, theyre really good on defensive special teams. They cover well. And weve got a big challenge in front of us to continue to hold blocks and give Brandon a chance.But hes just a really talented young man thats always had to overcome the Im not big enough talk, and too small to play, not strong enough, all of those things, yet he continues to break tackles, make plays, and gets the ball in the end zone.Edmontons Tony Tompkins was the last man to return a kickoff for a TD in the Grey Cup, rambling 96 yards in the Eskimos 38-35 win over Montreal in the 2005 championship game in Vancouver. Torontos Jimmy (The Jet) Cunningham returned a punt 80 yards for a TD in the 1996 Grey Cup when the Argos defeated Edmonton 43-37 in Hamilton.---Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter Cheap Authentic Air Max . With their coach gone, they finally played offence the way he would have wanted. Amare Stoudemire made all seven shots in the first half, Anthony passed and shot well, and the Knicks shook off the surprising departure of their coach to rout the Portland Trail Blazers 121-79 on Wednesday night, snapping a six-game losing streak. Air Max Outlet Uk . -- The Phoenix Coyotes have won three in a row for the first time in 4 1/2 months, and theyve done it just in time for the stretch run to the playoffs. http://www.airmaxoutletuk.com/ . The Raptors general manager has his list of possible draft selections whittled down to a handful ahead of Thursday nights NBA draft in Brooklyn, New York. The Raptors, who have auditioned dozens of players over the past couple of weeks, have the 20th overall pick in the first round, as well as the 37th and 58th picks in the second. LOS ANGELES -- SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- In a story April 28 about responses to racist comments attributed to Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, The Associated Press misidentified a lawmaker who denounced the statements. Assemblywoman Shirley Weber, D-San Diego, spoke out against the comments, not Assemblywoman Cheryl Brown, D-San Bernardino. The NAACP has decided against honouring Donald Sterling with a lifetime achievement award from its Los Angeles chapter after the Clippers owner allegedly made racist comments in a recorded conversation. Donations made by Sterling, who has owned the team since 1981, will be returned, Leon Jenkins, president of the Los Angeles NAACP, said at a news conference Monday. Jenkins would not say how much money was involved. "There is a personal, economic and social price that Mr. Sterling must pay for his attempt to turn back the clock on race relations," he said. Sterling, 80, had been scheduled to receive the honour on May 15 as part of the 100th anniversary celebration of the Los Angeles branch of the nations oldest civil rights organization. He had been chosen to receive the award because of his long history of donating to minority charities and giving game tickets to inner city children, Jenkins said. The NAACP has honoured Sterling several times in the past. The Donald T. Sterling Charitable Foundation gave $5,000 to the NAACPs Los Angeles chapter in 2010, according to tax records, and Sterling was listed as his foundations only contributor. There were no records of further NAACP contributions in 2011 or 2012, the latest years for which records were available. Sterlings purported comments have overshadowed the NBAs opening playoff round and prompted an NBA investigation. The league is planning a Tuesday news conference to discusss the probe. Nike Air Max Uk Online. There has been no official confirmation that it is Sterling on the recording, portions of which were released over the weekend by TMZ and Deadspin. Sterling "is emphatic that what is reflected on that recording is not consistent with, nor does it reflect his views, beliefs or feelings," according to a statement from team president Andy Roeser on Saturday. Neither Sterling nor his representatives have since commented on the controversy. Jenkins, of the NAACP, was asked how detrimental he considered Sterlings alleged remarks. "On a scale of one to 10? Eleven," he said. "It goes back to a segregation system and a time that nobody in America is proud of." Members of the state Legislatures black caucus joined those denouncing Sterling. Assemblywoman Shirley Weber, D-San Diego, said lawmakers should not ignore the countrys history of discrimination. "Once again we are reminded of the ugliness and sometimes what appears to be the pervasive permanence of hatred," Weber said while speaking in support of a resolution declaring Holocaust Remembrance Week. "So I want to simply challenge us as we go forward to not think that, Yes, we see the past, but recognize the past has a profound impact on the present. And if we are not conscious (of it), it will direct our future." Assemblyman Isadore Hall, D-Compton and secretary of the black caucus, blasted Sterling and compared him to a "slave master" looking down at his African-American players. "Its an utter embarrassment," Hall said in an interview after the floor session, "not just to the NBA, but also to all the individuals who believe that at some point, in California at least, we have risen above that, and we obviously havent." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz