Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
panxing18 Offline

04.07.2019 05:17
Reading too much into a simple color choice can Antworten

take you down a weird path"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections NewsAnalysis & EditorialsCleveland Indians prospects & minor leaguesGame RecapsTransactionsAnalysis & EditorialsThe Indians are slowly turning into the late-2000’s TwinsNew Justin Morneau Jersey ,16commentsReading too much into a simple color choice can take you down a weird pathByMerritt RohlfingNov 21, 2018, 10:39am ESTShareTweetShareShareThe Indians are slowly turning into the late-2000’s TwinsMaking a TwinMatt Lyons, Photoshop expertMonday’s reveal of the Indians’ new uniform option was, at first glance, quite exciting. Red is a fun color, and those 1970’s throwbacks they wore the last couple years have been really neat. The block CLEVELAND on the road blues, less interesting, but the red at least is a nice change of pace at least. Again, this is all at first glance. Then I was struck by something, a dreadful feeling in the pit of my stomach that I wasn’t been able to shake. There was just something all too familiar about those uniforms. It took me a couple hours to place it, and it curdled my blood.Slowly but surely, the Indians are turning into the Minnesota Twins.This is, on its face http://www.twinsfanproshop.com/authentic-max-kepler-jersey , not the worst thing in the world. There’s probably worse-run teams out there, and the Twinkies are likely the least offensive of the Indians’ division rivals, even if they did until recently have perhaps the greatest Indians bugaboo in baseball in Joe Mauer. No, at least it’s not the Royals. But aside from being an inoffensive, hard-to-hate team from way up north, there’s a decided negative connotation to the Twins garnered from their most recent real window of contention back in the late 2000’s. One I fear the Indians are on the cusp of repeating.Remember how embarrassing by association it wasthat the Twins seemed to feed themselves like a sacrifice to the Yankees each October? It was terrible, and only furthered the idea that the Central was a breeding ground of mediocrity. This despite producing six league champions, six MVPs and eight Cy Youngs since 2005 — plus Johan Santana in 2004 — and the best team in baseball a few times. Even with that, people look down on the Central. Money is tighter, contention windows shorter, media coverage is lighter — its just hard to get taken seriously. Not that the Twins helped with that at the turn of the decade, just as the Indians didn’t this year. Or in 2017, despite winning 22 straight and having the best record in the league.As I look— and overthink— the similarities are all too stark. Sure, Minnesota did debut those red uniforms in 2016 Byron Buxton Jersey , not during their big run around when Target Field opened. But the on-field product is remarkably similar. If you look hard enough. The Indians have a pair of MVP caliber infielders, guys that are the keystones to the whole offense that they developed, just as the Twins did in the late 2000’s with Morneau and Mauer. They have a stacked pitching staff, though perhaps more frightening than Santana, Liriano and a bunch of middle of the road guys. They have a solid closer and a lot of question marks at this point in the bullpen, as with Nathan and a handful of meh. Offensively, outside of Ramirez and Lindor there’s a lot of league-average players. Their DH posted a 112 OPS+ in 2018, and has seen his best years. In the Twins’ best years, it was Mauer, Morneau and perhaps Michael Cuddyer carrying the offensive load in Minnesota. If anything those Twins were better off if only for the presence of Torii Hunter in the outfield. What do the Indians have? Five or six question marks and a stunning list of various injuries and maladies. It’s not one-to-one, but it’s close enough to make me worry.This is probably reading too much into something so simple as a red jersey. But between that and dumping (rightly) the Wahoo in favor of the most anodyne logo possible, they’re only forcing the issue into becoming an NPC team like the Twins seemed to be on the national stage. Combine that with how the last two seasons ended and a parallel begins to force itself into being. The Tribe’s window remains open. But as we saw, they’re talented but hideously flawed and were taken advantage of by stronger, richer http://www.twinsfanproshop.com/authentic-max-kepler-jersey , better prepared teams. It was a story that played out in front of us several times when the Twins were at their height. If this past playoff stumble wasn’t a wakeup call, those red jerseys aren’t the only things that will remind people of the Twins. They still need luck on their side, but changes besides a new hue and different lettering are required to keep from falling into a rut, and ultimately wasting the most talent the team has had in 20 years. That’s what’s on the line. There can only be one."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Twinkie Town Farm ReportSatire, Irreverence, & Other HumorGame RecapsSatire, Irreverence, & Other HumorThe real reasons for the retirement of Dean AnnaNew,6commentsThere can only be one.ESTShareTweetShareShareThe real reasons for the retirement of Dean AnnaI’m honestly surprised there was a picture of Dean Anna. Logan Bowles-USA TODAY SportsSCENE: DEAN ANNA sits at a desk in a dark room of his home. A desk lamp – one of those that has the neat chain to turn it on/off and green glass shade, you know the one – is already on and he has a highball with a decent amount of High West Double Rye! whiskey in it sitting on the desk. He opens a drawer, pulls out a sheet of parchment, and sets it on the desktop. He takes a deep breath and proceeds to pick up a quill and dip the end into the inkwell. He proceeds to write: Dear Minnesota Twins, I regret to inform you that after much contemplation that I must end my current career and retire from baseball. I have come to determine that playing in 13 major-league games and hitting one home run is a sufficient-enough career for me, and so I have decided to call it quits. Additionally http://www.twinsfanproshop.com/authentic-max-kepler-jersey , I believe with Pat Dean also being on the team, it could cause confusion amongst the fans. Dean is a pretty common name, like Mike, Josh, and Jose.I hope you understand my decision and hold no ill will towards me. I looked forward to playing for your organization, but my time in baseball has come to an end. Sincerely, Dean AnnaANNA puts down the quill and finishes his whiskey. He blows on the paper to make sure the ink has dried and looks to a corner of the room. PAT DEAN is looking out the window while smoking a Lucky Strike. ANNA passes the paper to him.ANNA: How’s this, Pat? DEAN takes the paper and reads it carefully. He nods in approval and passes it back to ANNA. DEAN: I hope you understand that there can only be one person on the team with the name “Dean”, Dean. I appreciate you doing this. DEAN places his hand on ANNA’S shoulder.ANNA: I don’t understand, but 鈥?you’re welcome, I guess. --- SCENE: DEREK FALVEY and THAD LEVINE are in an office at the at the CenturyLink Sports Complex in Lee County, Fla. FALVEY picks up a letter from the desk that arrived that day. He opens the envelope and reads the letter. FALVEY: Who is Dean Anna? LEVINE: (shrugs) Beats me. DEAN stands outside the doorway of the office out of sight, nodding his head. He walks away. FALVEY: And who’s Pat Dean?

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz