Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
jokergreen0220 Offline

16.07.2019 05:35
Raghoo looking to use Europeans as stepping stone to Rio When I jumped the British record, it also qualified me for the Europea Antworten

CHARLOTTETOWN - Maxim Lazarev scored in overtime as the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles defeated the Charlottetown Islanders 3-2 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play Wednesday. Hydro Flask Straw Lid . Cameron Darcy had a pair of goals in the second period for Cape Breton (32-24-4). Thomas Stavert and Daniel Sprong replied for the Islanders (18-36-6), who squandered a 52-save performance by goaltender Mason McDonald. Screaming Eagles goaltender Zachary Fortin stopped 27 shots. --- OCEANIC 5 SAGUENEENS 1 CHICOUTIMI, Que. — Frederik Gauthier scored twice, including once shorthanded, as Rimouski cruised past the Sagueneens. Ryan MacKinnon, Michael Joly and Jimmy Oligny also scored for the Oceanic (38-15-7), who won their ninth-straight game. Janne Puhakka had the only goal for Chicoutimi (26-33-1). Philippe Desrosiers made 24 saves for Rimouski, one less than Julio Billia had for Chicoutimi. --- PHOENIX 3 TIGRES 2 SHERBROOKE, Que. — Francis Desrosiers made 36 saves as the league-worst Phoenix held off Victoriaville. Desrosiers was especially good in the third period, allowing just one goal while Sherbrooke (16-37-7) was outshot 14-4. Jeremy Roy, Matej Beran and Simon Desbiens scored for the Phoenix. Cameron Yarwood and Philippe Hudon scored for the Tigres (30-23-7), while Francois Tremblay stopped 28 shots. --- VOLTIGEURS 4 FOREURS 0 VAL-DOR, Que. — Louis-Philip Guindon had a 28-save shutout as Drummondville blanked the Foreurs. Guindon held firm as the Foreurs pressed the attack in the third, outshooting Drummondville 14-9. William Carrier, Alexandre Grand-Maison, Joey Ratelle and Matthew Boudens each scored for the Voltigeurs (38-20-4). Antoine Bibeau stopped 20 shots for Val-dOr (39-20-2), which had an eight-game winning streak snapped. --- Hydro Flask Rietje . The CFL unveiled its 2014 schedule Wednesday and the Redblacks will play their first-ever regular-season game in Winnipeg against the Blue Bombers on July 3. Hydro Flask 32 OZ . 1 overall pick in the draft by the Houston Texans, is recovering from sports hernia surgery. http://www.hydroflaskkorting.com/ . CHAUNCEY BILLUPS (Pistons): Yes they got Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings in the off-season and Andre Drummond is a beast (teams are kicking themselves for passing on him - he rebounds and block shots every game - thats two more discernable and significant skills than most guys in his draft class), but dont for a second discount the impact of having a savvy veteran like Billups on your team.Trailblazing teenage T36 long-jumper Ryan Raghoo hopes his record-breaking achievements can help pave the way for the next generation of disability athletes. The Brunel University student, who has cerebral palsy, broke the British record at the Queensland Open Championships and now looks set to travel to Rio and become the nations first T36 Paralympic long-jumper.He told Sky Sports: Its a privileged position to be in and I am very grateful to have reached a level in the sport and be the first person in British history to do that. However, its a position Im not going to be complacent about. For me, its about the platform once I get there of what I can do to change things for people with disabilities.I try to promote and get more people involved in disability sports and thats one of the reasons why I compete. I want to show people it doesnt matter what background you come from, what disability you have, or what start in life youve had, you can still achieve things.Its the same message Ive been pushing throughout my career and I hope more organisations come on board to help support the message of enabled, not disabled, and to empower people with disabilities. Ryan only began walking as a four-year-old Raghoo proved his performance at Queensland was no fluke by achieving the Rio Paralympics qualifying standard again at a meeting in Talence, France, in April. He jumped five centimetres short of his own British record of 4.61m set in February, making him a virtual certainty to be selected for next months European Championships.Im probably my own worst critic and to be fair, I was quite frustrated despite breaking the British record because I know I can jump a lot further, the 19-year-old said.The British record is just a steepping stone to bigger things and when I started out, I was looking at that record as the first marker on the road to some great things the summer, so it was nice to achieve. Hydro Flask 24 OZ. Raghoo looking to use Europeans as stepping stone to Rio When I jumped the British record, it also qualified me for the European Championships as well [which no other British athlete has ever done] and I aim to use the Europeans as an opportunity to build for Rio.But I also think I dont feel as excited about it as perhaps I should, because Para-athletes get very little recognition, if any, for breaking national records. Maybe its something Ill be able to enjoy when I look back on my career but it was a good marker to put down.Croydon-based Raghoos mother is from India and his father is Guyanese with Indian ancestery. Doctors told Ryans parents he may never be able to walk. There are very few ethnic minorities in Paralympic sports, which is one of the reasons why I am so driven to succeed, added the self-funded athlete.Im often asked who my role models were but there was no-one to really look up to from my background. i remember when Amir Khan came through and that was major for the Asian community because we dont have too many superstars on that level.Id certainly like to be able to become a role model but Im the first to say that Im still learning. When I speak to people - and I speak to children a lot - they always seek to take something away from my story, so in many ways my journey is an opportunity for me to inspire people. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz