Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
jokergreen0220 Offline

10.08.2019 08:46
MONTREAL -- There was so much more to the Canadiens 6-3 win over the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night than Patrick Roys retur Antworten

MONTREAL -- There was so much more to the Canadiens 6-3 win over the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday night than Patrick Roys return to Montreal. Scarpe Air Max Scontate . A game that had the 21,273 in the Bell Centre seats rocking even before the puck was dropped saw NHL trade deadline addition Thomas Vanek score his first three goals as a Canadien. It saw plugger Travis Moen score a spin-around goal worthy of a first-line star. And it had a spectacular performance from Colorado rookie Nathan MacKinnon, who dazzled the crowd and the Canadiens defence for an entire shift before scoring his 23rd goal of the season in the first period. On the downside, Colorado defenceman John Mitchell was taken to hospital for tests after crashing back-first into the end boards at 8:02 of the second period. Roy had no update on his condition after the game other than that it was back injury. The game started with the spotlight on Roy, but players from both teams made sure it was game to remember as well. "I thought both teams played really well and tonight the puck bounced their way," said Roy, the former Canadiens goaltending great who was on his first trip to Montreal as an NHL coach. There was no pre-game ceremony for the player once known as Saint Patrick, but he didnt need one. The fans gave him a long, rousing ovation when he was shown on the scoreboard during the national anthems. Some wondered how the Bell Centre crowd would react to Roy, who won Stanley Cups for the Canadiens in 1986 and 1993 but later demanded a trade and was on the outs with the organization until 2008 when they retired his No. 33 jersey. "I thought they showed lot of class," said Roy. "It was nice. They didnt make a big thing and thats the way I wanted it." Brandon Prust, who left the game late in the first period with an apparent shoulder injury, returned to score a goal and set up Moens tally for Montreal (38-25-7), which won its third game in a row. Trailing by two goals, Roy pulled goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere with 2:20 left to play, but Dale Weise scored into the empty net. Max Talbot and Jamie McGinn also had goals for the Avalanche (44-20-5), which lost for only the third time in 10 games. The Avs end a three-game road trip Wednesday night in Winnipeg. Vanek had a ton of chances since he was acquired from the New York Islanders, who had got him early in the season from the Buffalo Sabres. He finally broke through against Colorado. "It was frustrating," he said. "I think Im pretty emotional out there and sometimes I show my frustration too much. "But its been a tough year moving around, trying to get your first goal with Buffalo and then a new team and then here. But I thought we were generating chances and it just didnt go in. Getting that first goal was nice. I was really pressing the last few games." The Avalanche players clearly wanted to win for Roy, who has taken them from last to fourth in the Western Conference in one season and who is likely to be named the NHLs coach of the year. Roys team responded with a strong opening period. No. 1 overall draft pick MacKinnon put on a show as he ragged the puck in the Montreal zone for most of an entire shift. Then he got the puck alone in front of the net off a strange deflection and deked Carey Price at 18:03. He got 20:55 of ice time and, other than Vanek, was perhaps the best player in the game. Even Montreal coach Michel Therrien was impressed. "For an 18-year-old kid... I had the luxury of coaching great ones at 18 and 19 years old (Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin) and hes right there," said Therrien. "Hes a special player." Roy knew his players wanted to get him the victory, even though he told them to concentrate on getting the two points. "(Ryan) OReilly was hurt and I knew he wanted to play," said Roy. "(Paul) Stastny came back (from a back injury) tonight. "I knew what they were doing. I have a lot of respect for my players and I appreciate it, but I didnt want them to feel the pressure of winning a game for their coach. I wanted them to win for the team. I dont want to put myself ahead of the team. I didnt need a special night." The Canadiens bounced back in the second, as Vanek tapped one into an open goal after Desharnais lured Giguere out of his net on a rush at 7:44. Talbot was parked at the doorstep to knock in a Matt Duchene feed at 9:33, but Moen tied the score at 10:21 with his second of the year and his first since Nov. 22. Prust dove to chip the puck into the middle, where Moen caught it, then did a spin-around move to beat Giguere with a backhand. Giguere took a holding the stick penalty and Vanek made him pay as he converted a Max Pacioretty feed on a power play for the game-winner at 14:45. Montreal was on the power play again when Vanek reached behind his back to deflect an Alexei Emelin shot in at 17:40 for the hat-trick. Only two hats were thrown on the ice. Montreal fans have never been big on the hat-throwing thing. Weise added an empty-netter at 19:00, giving each member of the checking line a goal. "We were energized tonight," said Prust. "We knew it was going to be a big game. We knew they would come hard to get Patty the win, so were glad we spoiled it." Notes: It was Roys first game against Montreal since he was a player on Nov. 6, 2001. Roy opted to put Montreal native Giguere as No. 1 Semyon Varlamov sat out. Roy said Reto Berra will start in goal in Winnipeg. . . Stastny returned from after missing four games with a back injury. . . The Avs went into the game with the NHLs fourth best power play and Montreal with the fourth best penalty kill. Vendita Online Air Max . The 40-year-old midfielder was put in charge on Tuesday when David Moyes reign ended after 10 months with the defending champions in seventh place in the English Premier League. Nike m2k Tekno Italia . The team made the announcement after Saturdays 6-5 loss to the Cincinnati Reds. RHP Kenny Giles will be called up from Triple-A Lehigh Valley to fill Adams spot on the roster. http://www.outletairmaxitalia.it/scapre-air-max-97-outlet.html . The star receiver certainly isnt celebrating it with the Texans mired in a franchise-record 13-game skid. CLEVELAND -- After 158 games of highs, lows, losing streaks and walk-off wins, the Cleveland Indians can almost touch the post-season. October is right in front of them. "Were in control of our own destiny," designated hitter Jason Giambi said. "Thats all you can ask for at this time of year." Rookie Danny Salazar gave Cleveland a much-needed quality start and Nick Swisher hit a two-run homer as the Indians tightened their grip on one of the ALs two wild-card playoff spots with their 14th straight win over the Chicago White Sox, 7-2 on Wednesday night in their home finale. Salazar (2-3) struck out eight in 5 1-3 innings for the Indians, who won their final six home games to stay with the wild-card leaders. Theyll hit the road for four games in Minnesota with a lead over Texas in the wild-card chase. Cleveland is also one game behind Tampa Bay for the top spot with just four games left. "We did what we needed to do," manager Terry Francona said. "Its very exciting to go play games that are this meaningful. This is as good as it gets." Swisher homered in the fifth inning off Dylan Axlerod (4-11) as the Indians finished the season 17-2 against Chicago. Cleveland hasnt made the playoffs since 2007 but its closing in on a berth under Francona, who guided Boston to two World Series titles and has helped the Indians to 20 more wins than they had a year ago. A spray-painted bedsheet in the upper deck of Progressive Field said: "Playoff Bound." The Indians, who already have 20 more wins than last season, have some work to do before that can happen. They havent won it all since 1948, but if they can win their next four games in Minnesota, the Indians will give themselves a chance to end the drought. "Weve just got to play baseball, thats all we gotta do," said Giambi, who may have saved Clevelands season with a pinch-hit, two-run homer in the ninth inning Tuesday night. "We dont have to worry about anybody else beating anybody else. Weve just get to go out and play baseball, which is the fun part of the game." Asivail Garcia homered for the White Sox, 6-19 since Aug. 30. Chicago is just 25-47 against AL Central teams, and were overmatched against the Indians. "Theyre better than us this year," Ventura said. "They had our number. They outplayed us. We had leads late, but they seemed to fight and come back. They had a few walk-offs." Swishers two-run shot in the fifth gave the Indians a 4-1 lead and allowed 30,942 fans to breathe a little easier following the emotional rollercoaster of Tuesday night, when Giambis majestic homer bailed out closer Chris Perez, who gave up two homers in the top of the inning. With the Indians leading 2-1 in the fifth, Brantley, who has been using one of Carlos Santanas bats, doubled with one out and Swisher, who was 0 for 13 against Axelrod, followed with a shot into the Indians bullpen in centre. After rounding the basses, Swisher saluted the crowd by raising his hands and forming an "O" and "H". Air Max 270 Italia. The Indians packed their travel bags for a four-game series against the Twins not knowing if theyll play again this season after Sunday. They could be coming back to Cleveland for the winter, playing a one-game playoff just to get to into the wild-card game or maybe headed to either Tampa Bay or Texas for one game with the winner advancing to the division series. "The ball is in our court," said Brantley, who is batting .514 (18 of 35) during a nine-game hitting streak. "As long as we handle what we need to take care of, well be just fine. We took care of business at home and now we just have to go on the road and continue to do what were doing." Indians ace Justin Masterson, sidelined since Sept. 2 with an oblique injury, pitched the ninth. Its possible the All-Star right-hander could start again this season if the Indians get in the playoffs. One night after Giambis breathtaking homer, the Indians had to scrap again to get past a team with 96 losses. Leading 4-1 in the sixth, Salazar gave up a pair of singles and was replaced by Bryan Shaw. Dayan Viciedo followed with an RBI single, and after the Indians botched a rundown, Shaw was in a jam. But the right-hander struck out Jordan Danks and Marcus Semien. The Indians got the run back in the sixth on Drew Stubbs sacrifice fly and went up 7-2 in the seventh on Asdrubal Cabreras two-run single. Cleveland took advantage of Chicago miscues to score two unearned runs in the second and take a 2-1 lead. Lonnie Chisenhall reached on a fielders choice and moved up on Axelrods wild pitch with two outs. Drew Stubbs hit a high hopper toward third baseman Semien, who should have handled it but let it bounce off his glove for an error, allowing Chisenhall to score. Brantley, who has been Clevelands best hitter in the clutch, followed with an RBI single to centre. He entered batting .349 with two outs and runners in scoring position. The White Sox played their final road game without Paul Konerko, who was kneecap was sore and swollen after fouling a pitch off it Tuesday. NOTES: Indians CF Michael Bourn didnt start because of a sprained right wrist. Francona wanted to give his leadoff hitter a day of rest and treatment. Bourn pinch-ran for Giambi in the sixth. ... Giambi has two pinch-hit walk-off homers this season, both against the White Sox. Hes the first player to hit two pinch-hit walk-offs against the same team in a season since 1968, when Detroits Gates Brown did it twice against Boston. Giambi was overwhelmed by the standing ovation he got in the second. "Speechless," he said. "To have that opportunity last night, a dream come true." ... White Sox DH Adam Dunn was given the night off, though it appears hes been idle for several weeks. After striking out four times Tuesday, hes batting .115 (12 of 104) in his last 29 games. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz