Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 106 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
panxing18 Offline

23.09.2019 03:25
The Falcons double dip to try to fix their offen Antworten

sive line Limited Julio Jones Jersey , and with two players none of us expected." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteThe Falcoholican Atlanta Falcons communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsLibraryFalconsOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Library FalcFans Podcast on The FalcoholicContact The FalcoholicFalcons StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Falcons NewsYahoo Falcons Team PageYahoo Falcons ReportYahoo Falcons Depth ChartYahoo Falcons TransactionsYahoo Falcons PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Filed under:Falcons NFL Draft 2019Falcons trade up to pick #31 to draft OL Kaleb McGary New,447commentsThe Falcons double dip to try to fix their offensive line, and with two players none of us expected. EDTShareTweetShareShareFalcons trade up to pick #31 to draft OL Kaleb McGary Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty ImagesThe Atlanta Falcons just pulled off another surprise, swapping their second and third round picks to the Rams for pick #31 and selecting Kaleb McGary. They also picked up a sixth rounder in the swap, not that you’re overly enthused about that. The Washington tackle comes to the NFL is a strong, mobile and capable player, but many scouts think he’ll fit best at guard over the long haul. Given that the Falcons cannot have just signed two guards and then drafted two of them, though, I bet McGary is coming in to take over at right tackle, relegating Ty Sambrailo to swing tackle duty. McGary was considered a potential first rounder, making this pick a bit less surprising than Lindstrom, but he was not the tackle I would’ve expected Atlanta to grab Julio Jones Falcons Jersey , especially with those concerns about his ability to handle speed off the edge and his medicals (heart arrythmia, which he reportedly has been cleared to play with). There’s little doubt he’s more talented than Sambrailo, though, and maybe just a smidge more doubt that he’ll be a real upgrade over him in 2019. Long-term, the Falcons have now secured two high-upside linemen who both will have fifth-year options, which is smart roster building if both of those guys work out.I’m less certain McGary will than Lindstrom, and I’m very wary that the Falcons have forced themselves go get a tackle after the huge run on them late in the first round. I don’t know the team’s board, so the hope here has to be that McGary was their guy all along and this isn’t Sam Baker 2.0. If he is and those concerns about his footwork and lateral agility prove to be overblown, McGary will be a long-term starter at right tackle, and the Falcons will suddenly be stocked with above average-to-great tackles and at least one guard. We have to take several leaps in time and leaps of faith to get there, though, so for now let’s just settle with “McGary is supposed to be good.” Regardless Elite Julio Jones Jersey , this has been a bizarre night for the Falcons, who now have zero day two picks and won’t, barring a move back up into the third round, get to touch their defense until the draft’s third day. We knew that the offensive line was a big-time priority as Matt Ryan gets older, especially after a pretty mediocre year in 2018, but this is a team without a single proven, elite pass rusher, with some of its core stars coming back off of injury, and potentially gaping holes in 2020 when the likes of Vic Beasley, Jack Crawford, Adrian Clayborn, Tyeler Davison Game Julio Jones Jersey , and De’Vondre Campbell hit free agency. They are putting all their eggs into the “we got hurt and Dan Quinn is a better coach basket,” and counting on what admittedly should be one of the league’s elite offenses to make up any deficiencies there. To say that’s risky given how lethargic the defense was a year ago would be underselling things, and I say that as someone who genuinely appreciates how much star power the team has assembled on that side of the ball.This all had better work. Falcons owner Arthur Blank said that he had not lost any faith in General Manager Thomas Dimitroff or head coach Dan Quinn as the team’s 7-9 season wound down, but anyone who pays attention to the NFL that votes of confidence come with expiration dates attached to them.Another down year in 2019 might bring about the expiration date in Atlanta and Dimitroff said on Friday that he and Quinn are well aware of the stakes. During an appearance on 680 The Fan, Dimitroff said the two men know this is an “extremely important year” for their futures in the organization.“We know it,” Dimitroff said. “We’ve talked about it at length. Our football players on the team right now, the talent that we do have know it. And we’re not focused on anything past this season. This is the season we are 100 percent focused on — and that’s what we need and what I need, and what Dan needs going into the offseason.”The first steps toward building next season’s team have come on the coaching staff. The team dispatched all three of their coordinators and shuffled people between jobs on Quinn’s staff as a prelude to the player moves that will come over the next few months.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz