Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 124 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
jokergreen0220 Offline

06.10.2019 10:17
The Ravens defence Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Mets pitcher Zack Wheeler was working in and out of trouble in the early going against the Washington Nationals, walking four batters and allowing a run on a wild pitch. Adidas NMD R1 Herr . So he asked catcher Travis dArnaud and pitching coach Dan Warthen a simple question: "Do you all see anything?" Warthen went into the clubhouse to check some video from Tuesday nights game and noticed Wheeler was "collapsing" instead of "throwing downhill," as the right-hander put it. Thanks to that mid-game adjustment to his delivery -- and Washingtons own miscues, including one runner hit by a batted ball and another thrown out at the plate -- Wheeler pitched 6 2-3 innings to win his fourth consecutive decision, helping the Mets beat the NL East-leading Nationals 6-1. "I didnt have my best stuff. And it wasnt very fun. But youve got to find a way through it," said Wheeler (7-8), who contributed a broken-bat RBI single at the plate. "Youre mad at yourself, and youre trying to figure out what it is. I wouldnt say its mentally draining, but its just frustrating." Relying on a fastball consistently in the high 90s mph because his curveball wasnt working, Wheeler was good enough on a muggy night when the temperature was 85 degrees at first pitch. The righty went 3-8 with a 4.45 ERA in his first 16 starts, but is 4-0 with a 1.59 ERA in seven appearances since June 30. "This kid has really, really gotten better," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "I mean, as he continues to improve, the skys the limit." Said Washingtons Jayson Werth: "That was the best Ive seen him. I dont know how many times Ive seen him, but his velocity was a lot higher than I remember." Werth led off the sixth with a double. When Adam LaRoche followed with a single to left, third base coach Bob Henley sent Werth home. Left fielder Eric Campbell threw out Werth with a one-hop toss; the call stood after a replay review to check whether dArnaud blocked the plate. "It changed the whole game right there," said Daniel Murphy, who pushed New Yorks lead to 4-1 with a two-run single in the seventh off Drew Storen. Nationals lefty Gio Gonzalez (6-8) was charged with four runs and six hits over six-plus innings. He put two runners on to begin the seventh, then shook his head as he walked off the mound when manager Matt Williams yanked him with Wheeler coming to the plate. Asked if he was upset that he was removed there, Gonzalez replied: "I wanted to face the pitcher, yes." TRAINERS ROOM: Mets: Closer Jenrry Mejia "tweaked his back" in Mondays loss against San Francisco, Collins said, calling the relievers status day to day. Right-hander Matt Harvey, recovering from reconstructive elbow surgery, threw off a mound for the first time since the operation, and Collins said the pitcher felt fine after Tuesdays session in Florida. Nationals: Third baseman Ryan Zimmerman, on the DL since injuring his right hamstring July 22, has a grade-three strain and could miss six weeks, general manager Mike Rizzo said. Williams thinks Zimmerman -- who began walking on a water treadmill Monday -- could return during the regular season. UP NEXT: Mets: Wednesdays starter, left-hander Jonathan Niese (5-7, 3.24 ERA), lasted only four innings in his last appearance at Nationals Park, allowing five runs in a 5-2 Mets loss May 16. Nationals: The Nationals start righty Doug Fister (10-3, 2.68 ERA). Might second baseman Danny Espinosa get back into the lineup after giving way to trade deadline pickup Cabrera? Espinosa is 5 for 12 (a .417 average) against Niese. WHAT A CATCH: Mets centre fielder Juan Lagares ended the seventh with a head-first diving catch of a sinking liner by Denard Span. Lagares got the wind knocked out of him on the play and was checked on in the outfield by Collins and a trainer but stayed in the game. Adidas NMD R2 Dam . For the Bombers it has been a combination of things coming together at the most inappropriate moments in time. Quarterback, injuries, Canadian talent or depth and leadership are all issues. Trust me when I say being a Bomber is no fun right now in a city that embraces football the way Winnipeg does. While Buck Pierce will be getting another shot, I think Max Hall does deserve another opportunity. NMD Cs2 Svart .This one was bigger than most.Ben Roethlisberger and LeVeon Bell came up big in a game that Pittsburgh had to win Sunday, leading the Steelers to a 42-21 drubbing of the Cincinnati Bengals that left the AFC North race wide open. http://www.nmdsverige.com/nmd-human-race-adidas-skor.html . On paper, it looks a little like Andre the Giant taking on a midget wrestler. It has all the makings of a rout with the Americans adding an eighth win in nine outings of this biennial event. The Yanks have eight players in the top 15 in the world while the Internationals have just one.BEREA, Ohio - Trent Richardson has that unassuming way. With his bright smile, cheerful attitude and a soft Southern accent, the Browns running back makes anything sound diplomatic. Richardson did everything he could Thursday not to criticize Clevelands coaches for not giving him the ball more last week in a loss to Miami. But Richardsons message was loud clear: He wants more touches. Richardson carried the ball 13 times for 47 yards in the season-opening, 23-10 loss to Miami. But he only gained 14 on five rushes in the second half, and did not carry the ball once in the fourth quarter as the Browns tried to rally through the air. "I just dont think they stopped the running game," he said, referring to the Dolphins. "I think we stopped it ourselves as far as we were behind and stuff like that. Weve just got to keep fighting and know that no matter what, weve got to stick to our game plan. I guess Coach had another game plan and it went that way." Richardsons remarks were similar to what he said many times last season, when he rushed for 950 yards while playing much of it with broken ribs. Richardson wants a heavier workload and feels he can carry the offence. Trouble is, the former first-round pick has either been injured or the Browns have been so far behind in games that theyve had to pass. But the numbers support Richardsons premise that Browns are at their best when hes getting the ball. Last season, he averaged 95.8 yards in the five games he had 20 rushing attempts, and the Browns went 3-2. When he didnt get 20 carries, he averaged 45.1 yards and Cleveland was 2-8. Richardson said he has spoken to coach Rob Chudzinski and offensive co-ordinator Norv Turner about getting more touches. Richardson received the ball on four of Clevelands first six plays last week and gained 26 yards. But the opening drive ended with quarterback Brandon Weeden getting intercepted. After that, Richardsons opportunities were limited. "I just thought that we were gonna run the ball," he said, "and I thought it could be a real good day. I just knew that we could run tthe ball on any team. Adidas y3 Sverige. I feel like its going to be a fight down to the finish and we were going to win." Maybe if things had gone according to script, Turner would have given Richardson the ball more. But the score and situation dictated something different. "We came out and we executed four or five plays awfully well," Turner said. "Then they hit us with a couple run blitzes. They came at us when we started getting a little bit of run and then we didnt execute as well." Richardsons number is certain to be called this week as the Browns (0-1) visit the Baltimore Ravens, who have had plenty of time to lick their wounds after being embarrassed against Denver. The Ravens defence no longer features Ray Lewis, or Ed Reed, but is still formidable. "Its Baltimore," Richardson said. "What game is there where you dont get more pumped up? Youre playing the champions from last year and that defence. Its more talent than I have ever seen." Richardson, who rushed for 105 yards on 25 attempts in his second game against Baltimore last season, is itching to duplicate that game. He cant though, if he doesnt get the ball. "Its something that you practice for," he said. "All my life, Ive been that guy. So when it comes down to it, at the end of the day, I control what I can control. But if its going to help the team out that I get less carries, if its going to help the team out that I get more carries, Im all for it. __ NOTES: Safety T.J. Ward returned to practice after sitting out Wednesday with a sore shoulder. ... DE Ahtyba Rubin (calf) and G Shawn Lauvao (ankle) remain sidelined and are unlikely to play this week. ... Defensive co-ordinator Ray Horton hopes to "ease" rookie LB Barkevious Mingo into his NFL debut this week. Mingo missed the opener after bruising his lung last month in an exhibition game. "I dont want to overload him his first game, but I also want to give him some soft pitches to hit," Horton said. "I want to give him some less thinking and more reaction-type stuff." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz