Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 73 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
zhangzk Offline

22.10.2019 08:54
Tom Brady and the New England Patriot Antworten

FOXBOROUGH Jeffery Simmons Jersey , Mass. (AP) — With a few minutes left in the first half, on their fifth attempt to slow down the Chargers finally managed a defensive stop.It was only temporary.Desmond King fumbled New England’s first punt of the game, Albert McClellan recovered the ball just inches before it went out of bounds , and the Los Angeles defense was back on duty. The Patriots needed just four more plays to score their fifth touchdown in one of the most dominating starts in NFL postseason history.“We laid an egg today,” Chargers safety Adrian Phillips said after the Patriots scoredfourstraighttouchdowns to blow open the game and went on to win 41-28. “We didn’t show up the way we usually do.”One week after shutting down Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens in the wild-card round, the Chargers (13-5) fell behind 35-7 in the first half and blew an opportunity to advance to their first AFC championship game since the 2007 season.Instead, the Patriots (12-5) reached the conference title game for the eighth straight time, with a chance to reach the Super Bowl for the third year in a row and the ninth time under Brady and coach Bill Belichick.“They’ve been here before and they showed up today,” Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said. “We dug ourselves in a hole in the first half, but the guys came back out in the second half and competed hard. It was a little too late.”The Patriots are the second team in league history to score a touchdown on each of the first four drives of a playoff game, joining the 2000 Indianapolis Colts (in a first-round game against Denver).Quarterback Philip Rivers said he was pleased with the way the Chargers offense helped out the defense and came right back to tie it 7-all after New England scored on its opening drive.“All year, we’ve really complemented each other well. And if one side needed picking up a little bit, we’ve done that,” Rivers said.“We did it right away after the first drive Nate Davis Jersey ,” he said. “They scored again and we didn’t answer, and they scored again and we didn’t answer, and they scored again and we didn’t answer. We needed to and we knew offensively that our defense was going to settle in and they needed us and we didn’t hold up our end.”The only other time the Patriots failed to score in the first half was on their last possession, when they took over with 51 seconds left and moved to the Los Angeles 36. And it was only because Phillip Dorsett was stopped inbounds and the clock ran out that they weren’t able to attempt a field goal.New England’s Ryan Allen did not punt again until there were under 10 minutes left in the game.“We played better on defense in the second half, but it was too late,” safety Derwin James said. “Once Brady has a lead on you like that, it’s tough.”The Chargers lost on the road for just the second time all season, and this one wasn’t even close. Before heading into the locker rooms at the half trailing 35-7, they:—Gave up 347 yards of offense, while gaining just 128.—Had six first downs to 24 for New England.—Allowed the Patriots to convert all five times they were in the red zone and on five of six third downs.“We got our butt’s kicked today,” Lynn said. “It’s not a comfortable moment for us, for sure, but I think in these times we can learn a lot about ourselves.”Rivers completed 25 of 51 passes for 331 yards in the game — much of it after it was out of reach. Tyrell Williams caught five passes for 94 yards, Melvin Gordon had a rushing touchdown and Antonio Gates had a TD reception in what could be the last game of his career.“Pretty cool that if it were to be his last one, that his last catch was a touchdown Tytus Howard Jersey ,” Rivers said. “If it were to be, you’d look back one day and say it ended just how it started there a long time ago.” AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Jamel Dean was a spectator while his Auburn teammates ran the 40 at pro day, a luxury he earned with an eye-catching time at the NFL combine.The cornerback took care of that with a 4.30-second run that marked the second-fastest time at the combine in Indianapolis. It’s a number that can only boost his stock as Auburn’s highest rated NFL draft prospect despite undergoing three knee surgeries during his playing career.“It was like one of the greatest feelings ever,” Dean said Friday after Auburn’s pro day workouts for NFL scouts and other team representatives. “At one point, I thought I was never going to play football again. Now I’m out here living my dream, and I’m getting closer to the NFL. I just feel like everything is falling into place now.”It’s a situation that would have seemed improbable before Dean even stepped on Auburn’s campus. He originally signed with Ohio State, but was medically disqualified from a knee injury sustained in high school.Dean transferred to Auburn, redshirted in 2015 and missed the following season with another injury, this time to his left ACL.He and quarterback Jarrett Stidham both opted to skip their final seasons at Auburn and turn pro. Friday’s pro day was just another opportunity for those two and others, including middle linebacker Deshaun Davis and defensive tackle Dontavius Russell, to try to make another impression on NFL teams.Some mock drafts have Dean as a potential second-round pick while Stidham is widely rated as a mid- to late-rounder.Dean especially made waves in Indianapolis, enabling him to focus on position drills on campus. Only Mississippi defensive back Zedrick Woods (4.29) ran faster at the combine.“A lot of people said I made a lot of money after running that 40 and just my performance in the combine in general,” he said.Dean said he felt like “a science experiment” with all the poking and prodding on his surgically repaired knees at the combine.One benefit of going through those injuries: He feels like his ability to cope with adversity should be a selling point to NFL teams.“They should know the answer to that one,” said Dean Gary Jennings Jr. Jersey , who played in 26 games the past two seasons. “After three knee surgeries? There aren’t many dudes who have had three knee surgeries and still continue to play football. That lets you know that I know how to handle adversity.”Stidham has had to do some of that, too, after transferring from Baylor and starting for two seasons. He threw a range of balls to receivers, including ex-Auburn wide receivers Darius Slayton and Ryan Davis.Stidham only had two incompletions on 50-plus attempts, missing on a 10-yard corner route into the end zone and a seam route downfield.“It’s probably the best one of the (pro day workouts) that I’ve run,” said Jordan Palmer, who is also working with quarterback prospects Drew Lock and Tyree Jackson. “You’re talking about Deshaun Watson and Sam Darnold and Josh Allen.”Stidham has faced questions about his footwork and handling of defensive pressure , and didn’t help in that regard with two fumbles in an otherwise strong Senior Bowl week.He finished his Auburn career with his best game in the Music City Bowl against Purdue .Pro day was another chance to showcase his right arm before NFL representatives of different teams.“Now it just comes down to private workouts and private meetings,” Stidham said. “I’ve still got to work just as hard as I worked before, if not harder, to really make that last jump.”____

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz