Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 73 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
zhangzk Offline

15.11.2019 03:15
The NFL’s effort to prevent a repeat of the Rams Antworten

And that won’t be good for business.“In my experience Michael Deiter Jersey , I never thought creating a rule for one play — even as obvious as that play was — you can get bad rules that way,” former NFL senior V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino, now a FOX rules analyst, told Dom Cosentino of Deadspin.com regarding the league’s reaction to the NFC Championship debacle. “Nobody wants to see [that], and everybody wants to fix that. But I feel like, you create a rule to fix that play, and what we’re going to see is a whole bunch of other plays that are going to be impacted, and very few of the plays like what happened in the Rams-Saints game.”Blandino is right, primarily because the new availability of replay review for pass interference calls and non-calls could dramatically change the way a game is officiated in the closing moments of each half, by at a minimum bogging down those final two minutes with a rash of possible reviews. Then there’s the problem, as previously mentioned, that arises from the replay officials applying different standards to the question of whether sufficiently clear and obvious evidence exists to justify a full replay review by Blandino’s successor, Al Riveron.“You know, one person may look at that and think it’s clear and obvious — another may not,�? Blandino told Cosentino regarding the late-game call in the Week 15 Chargers-Chiefs game that, according to Riveron, would have been altered by replay review. “And then once it goes to review Daniel Jones Jersey , then the standard — they said that it’s ‘clear and obvious,�? but when you start to look at some of the plays they cited … that’s more of a letter-of-the-law standard. And it’s going to be interesting to see if they start overturning or creating fouls based on that standard, when really, on the field, that was never intended to be pass interference.”That’s where the preseason comes in, allowing the league to see how the rule will play out in practice and to, if necessary, make more adjustments based on preseason games.“I don’t think anybody knows exactly how this is going to play out until we start actually playing games,” Blandino said.Again, he’s right. Here’s hoping that, once they start playing games, the league will make any and all necessary adjustments. Otherwise, the league’s 100th season will be remembered for entirely different reasons. RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — The Washington Redskins broke camp Sunday and headed to their Ashburn training facility still seeking answers to two major questions about the offense: Who will be their quarterback, and who will be his receivers?The quarterback battle is a three-way fight with veterans Case Keenum and Colt McCoy sharing snaps with first-round draft choice Dwayne Haskins, and the receiver battle is 11 strong with a mix of former draft choices still waiting for breakthrough seasons, lightly used holdovers from last season and promising rookies.The leading returning pass-catcher at the wide receiver spot is fourth-year pro Josh Doctson Dexter Lawrence Jersey , who had 44 receptions last season. Next is Paul Richardson, who had 20 catches.In the preseason opener against the Cleveland Browns, Robert Davis scored the Redskins’ lone touchdown on a 46-yard pass from Keenum. Darvin Kidsy stood out as the top receiver with five catches, but also because after one of his catches, he fumbled and the Browns recovered.Kidsy, a second-year player from Texas Southern, would appear to have a leg up in some ways, having spent most of last season getting familiar with the offense on the practice squad before being activated late last season.He also hopes his drive to prove something as an undrafted free agent is a plus.“In some situations, it does” feel like an advantage, he said. “In other situations, I don’t have as much hype as the other guys but yes, it always gives me a sense of urgency in every play and everything I do.”The fumble, then, could be a prominent mark on the negative side.“Just hold onto it. That’s really what I told myself,” Kidsy said. “Next play.”Terry McLaurin’s advantages are speed and familiarity not with the offense so much, but with Haskins, the sixth overall pick from Ohio State in the draft. The Redskins took McLaurin Deandre Baker Jersey , another Buckeye, in the third round.“I don’t really see myself having pressure, but at the same time I have an expectation of myself,” he said “I feel like I was drafted to come in here and contribute and make plays. I feel like I’ve done that so far.”Getting so many receivers vying for spots on the roster enough work to properly evaluate them can be “tricky,” coach Jay Gruden said, as will deciding, in the end, how many come with the team into the season.“It depends on a lot of things: how many tight ends we want to keep, how many offensive linemen we want to keep, defensive line,” he said. “… There’s going to be some tough decisions for sure.”Many contenders take turns after practice catching passes from the Jugs machine. Trey Quinn, whom Gruden said has an inside track on the slot receiver spot, often finishes by trying to make one-handed catches.“On the stat sheet it doesn’t go down as a one-handed catch, but I like it to have that on my repertoire to be able to have a wider catch radius,” he said. “I think that’s appealing to quarterbacks and play-callers.”Besides, he said, keeping a sharp edge is important.“It’s just as competitive as the regular season because there’s a lot of guys fighting for a job Oshane Ximines Jersey ,” he said.The competition is intense, but so are the relationships, said Jehu Chesson.“We could go out and go to Top Golf and you’ll see guys competing,” said Chesson, who caught one pass last season. “It’s in your blood and, if it’s not, I have no other way of saying it but you don’t belong out here.”The more a player brings to the table, the better his chances.“There’s a different skillset for all these guys,” Gruden said. “You got your slot receivers, you got your big, physical receivers, you got your speed receivers and then you have to factor in special teams.“We drafted Terry (McLaurin) because he’s one of the best special teams guys in the league. But if he’s also one of the top receivers in the league then we might have to keep a guy that’s really good on special teams.”The Redskins next preseason game is Thursday night at home against Cincinnati.NOTES: The team signed Jalan McClendon to replace Josh Woodrum, who sustained a torn pectoral muscle in a 30-10 loss to Cleveland in the preseason opener and is out for the season. McClendon played in college at Baylor.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz