Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 112 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
jokergreen0220 Offline

28.01.2019 08:33
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks are sticking with general manager Danny Ferry even though the teams new majority owner wants him fir Antworten

ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks are sticking with general manager Danny Ferry even though the teams new majority owner wants him fired for racially charged comments. James Daniels Bears Jersey .CEO Steve Koonin on Tuesday told the Hawks flagship radio station that he made the decision to discipline Ferry but allowed him to keep his job managing the team. He did not say what the punishment was, but noted that he relied on a law firms three-month investigation of Ferry and his description of Luol Deng.Ferry made the inflammatory comments about Deng in a conference call with the Hawks ownership group in June when the team pursued Deng as a free agent.A letter from co-owner Michael Gearon Jr. recommends that Ferry resign or be fired. Gearon cites Ferry telling the ownership group that Deng has a little African in him.His June 12 letter to co-owner Bruce Levenson said Ferry went on to say, Not in a bad way, but hes like a guy who would have a nice store out front and sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back.Added Gearon: Ferry completed the racial slur by describing the player (and impliedly all persons of African descent) as a two-faced liar and cheat.Deng, 29, was born in what is now South Sudan. His father moved his family to Egypt and then England. The 10-year NBA veteran is now a British citizen and played for England in the 2012 Olympics.Deng, like Ferry, also played at Duke.Koonin said Atlanta law firm Alston and Bird went through 24,000 documents, conducted 19 interviews and read every email Danny Ferry has ever sent as general manager of the Atlanta Hawks. Koonin said no other negative information on Ferry was found in the probe.I took their advice and far exceeded their advice, Koonin said of the undisclosed punishment he imposed on Ferry.Hawks spokesman Garin Narain said the investigation of Ferrys comments uncovered a racially inflammatory email written two years ago by Levenson. That discovery led to Levensons announcement Sunday that he will sell his controlling share of the team.Despite Gearons desire to remove Ferry, Koonin is standing by him.I understand that emotion, Koonin said of Gearons recommendation. I certainly understand that emotion. I know people who have said that to me. But if we sentence people based on what everybody wanted, we wouldnt have a justice system.I listened to what (the law firm) said because they had done the work ... so thats a decision Im willing to live with.Gearon warned Levenson he believed Ferrys comments could be fatal to the franchise if made public.Gearon said he and the other co-owners were appalled that anyone would make such a racist slur under any circumstance, much less the GM of an NBA franchise on a major conference call.Gearon declined to comment when contacted by The Associated Press on Tuesday and Dengs agent, Ron Shade, did not respond to an interview request.Ferry apologized Tuesday but said he was only repeating what he had heard about Deng.In regards to the insensitive remarks that were used during our due diligence process, I was repeating comments that were gathered from numerous sources during background conversations and scouting about different players, Ferry said in a statement released by the team.I repeated those comments during a telephone conversation reviewing the draft and free agency process. Those words do not reflect my views, or words that I would use to describe an individual and I certainly regret it. I apologize to those I offended and to Luol, who I reached out to Monday morning.Koonin has agreed to meet with Atlanta civil rights leaders on Wednesday. The Rev. Markel Hutchins said Monday he asked for the meeting to discuss what he believes is a racist attitude throughout the organization.In his letter to Levenson, Gearon compared Ferrys remarks to much-publicized racist comments which forced Donald Sterling to sell the Clippers.We believe these comments by Ferry were far worse than Sterlings because they were not from a private personal conversation a€” they were in a business environment on a business matter in front of a dozen or more people, Gearon wrote. If Ferry would make such a slur in a semi-public forum, we can only imagine what he has said in smaller groups or to individuals.Ferry was named the Hawks general manager in 2012 following two years as vice-president of basketball operations for the San Antonio Spurs. He was general manager for the Cleveland Cavaliers from 2005-2010 and helped build the team that advanced to the 2007 NBA Finals.There was renewed optimism about the direction of the team after Ferry hired coach Mike Budenholzer from San Antonio in 2013.Now, the turmoil threatens to derail all their efforts.New ownership must be found and despite the support of Koonin, Ferrys ability to survive the crisis is unknown.In his letter of apology, Ferry pledged he would learn from the incident.I am committed to learning from this and deeply regret this situation, Ferry said. I fully understand we have work to do in order to help us create a better organization; one that our players and fans will be proud of, on and off the court, and that is where my focus is moving forward.___Follow Charles Odum on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CharlesOdum Chase Daniel Bears Jersey . Spezza scored a power-play goal with 5 minutes left and Stephane Da Costa had the other two goals to lead the Ottawa Senators to a 3-2 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Tuesday night. Anthony Miller Bears Jersey . - The Cleveland Indians will place centerfielder Michael Bourn on the disabled list before their opener at Oakland on March 31. http://www.bearsrookiestore.com/Bears-Joel-Iyiegbuniwe-Jersey/ .com) - James Harden needed just seven made field goals to drop 35 points on the Philadelphia 76ers, leading the Houston Rockets to a 104-93 win on Monday.Burton secured the point they needed to clinch second place and promotion from Sky Bet League 1 but were made to battle for a 0-0 draw against relegated Doncaster. The home side finished the game with nine men on the pitch, having used all three substitutes before left-back Aaron Taylor-Sinclair was helped off injured with more than 20 minutes to play. Winger Riccardo Calder then limped off 10 minutes from time.The game saw little goalmouth action with Doncaster having more of the play as Burton adopted safety-first tactics and relied on breakaways for their attempts at goal. The result confirmed relegation for Rovers who never really looked like scoring despite enjoying plenty of possession and pressure.Rovers edged the first half without troubling visiting goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin and it was Burton who went closest when Tom Naylor headed over the top before Matt Palmer had a low shot saved. Nigel Clough says the previous Burton managers instilled a belief in his players that helped them win promotion to the Championship. Roquan Smith Jersey. Doncaster forced the pace in the second half but had to rely on long-range efforts as Burton packed their defence.Burton made the most of their numerical advantage to pass the ball around as they saw the game out with little difficulty and were denied victory when Remi Mathews did well to save from Calum Butcher in the closing stages Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz