Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 86 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
jokergreen0220 Offline

30.01.2019 07:44
TOKYO -- Former major leaguer Wladimir Balentien hit his 56th and 57th home runs on Sunday, breaking the Japanese single-season Antworten

TOKYO -- Former major leaguer Wladimir Balentien hit his 56th and 57th home runs on Sunday, breaking the Japanese single-season record set by legendary slugger Sadaharu Oh 49 years ago. Malcolm Butler Titans Jersey . Balentien hit the record-breaking three-run homer in the first inning of Sundays game, sending the ball over the left-field wall at Tokyos Jingu Stadium to give his Yakult Swallows an early lead over the Hanshin Tigers. He then added a solo shot in the third for No. 57 to help the Swallows to a 9-0 win. Oh set the mark of 55 in 1964. While it was equaled by ex-major leaguers Tuffy Rhodes in 2001 and Alex Cabrera in 2002, many felt Oh used his position as a manager to prevent both players from breaking it. "I want to thank the fans for all their support," Balentien said. "It was a great feeling. I dont think I will ever feel anything like that again in my life." The 29-year-old Balentien missed the first 12 games of this season because of a leg injury sustained while playing for the Netherlands in the World Baseball Classic. Balentiens challenge of Ohs record comes in a season in which there is controversy over attempts to reform the game to make it more exciting. In June, Japanese baseball officials admitted they introduced a new official ball this season without notifying players. The new ball has resulted in a dramatic increase in home runs. Rhodes and Cabrera tied Ohs record with several games left in the season but were then walked repeatedly by teams managed by Oh, who later denied instructing his pitchers to not challenge either player. Randy Bass hit 54 homers in 1985 but fell short in the last game of the season when the pitcher from the Yomiuri Giants, then managed by Oh, walked him in his last at-bat, preventing Bass from tying the record. Oh is a legend in Japan. His 868 career home runs, which surpassed Hank Aarons then major league record of 755, made him a national hero. "Oh is the home run king and I have a lot of respect for him," Balentien said. "To be able to tie him and then pass him is something very special for me." The single-season home run record is also highly regarded, and former New York Yankees outfielder Hideki Matsui wore No. 55 in recognition of it. The closest Matsui came to breaking Ohs record was 50 homers in 2002, when he played for the Giants. The 73-year-old Oh is no longer actively involved in Japanese baseball and serves as an honorary chairman of the Softbank Hawks, the team he managed when Rhodes and Cabrera were attempting to break his record. Oh has often said he has no problem with his record being broken as long as its done by a wide margin and not just one or two homers. Balentien has 17 games left to add to his tally. Balentien, a native of Curacao, played for the Seattle Mariners and Cincinnati Reds before signing with the Swallows in 2011. He hit a Central League-leading 31 homers in each of his first two seasons in Japan. Will Compton Jersey . Reimer is winless (0-2-1) since returning from a six-week absence due to concussion-like symptoms. The Maple Leafs dropped a 4-2 decision to the hosting Washington Capitals on Friday. Blaine Gabbert Jersey .com) - Al Horford collected 19 points and 16 rebounds and the Atlanta Hawks held off a furious rally to beat the Detroit Pistons 106-103 on Friday night in a game between two of the NBAs hottest teams. http://www.authenticshoptitans.com/bennie-logan-jersey/ . Indeed, must be among the greatest challenges in all of sports. The pressure he applies, from set to set, game to game, point to point, shot to shot.In early December last year, and just as Adam Braz was reacquainting himself with the club, the Impact set about finally announcing the re-signing of club captain Patrice Bernier and the addition of two new players in Marco Donadel and Nigel Reo-Coker. In light of the fact so many under-performing players from 2014 had previously been jettisoned, it was nothing too surprising to learn the Impact 2015 squad was filling out. Between that time and through this week, the polar opposite of a fire sale has occurred down Stade Saputo way. Through the official FIFA January transfer window period, club lawyers and bean counters have burned even more midnight oil than their irrational Barclays Premier League cousins. Not ever in the Impact’s 20-plus-year history have we bore witness to such frenzied activity on the trade and talent upgrade fronts. Frank Klopas laid it out to TSN.ca following an extended training session at Olympic Stadium on Thursday evening. “Obviously, we evaluated the season, he said. We had a plan. Our plan was to strengthen the spine of the team. So we went out and I think we’ve accomplished that”. No kidding, Frank. At last count, I think the Impact now have more central midfielders and centre-halves than there are balls in the training camp kitbags for them to have one each. Sharing duties on the pitch during the course of the season and sharing balls off it will certainly go a long way in the all-important relationship-building stakes. In so much, the player ranks have swelled, but the marquee signing the club had expected, and are in desperate need of, hasnt materialized. It was exactly a week ago we found out 32-year old Alberto Gilardino would not be leaving China for Canada. Any club worth its salt always has a Plan B, plus other options up its sleeve. Klopas would not be drawn, though, on who that player specifically is. If, indeed, he, or they, still even realistically exist. Instead, Klopas preferred to remind us of how fickle the murky world of football transfer dealings is. Obviously, we had more than one player, explained Klopas. Gilardino was definitely a player we were interested in, but obviously, you have to have more than one player in mind because things like this happen.” After the type of gruelling season Klopas had, that was then quickly followed up with an action packed off-season, ask yourself how many football managers would have done what he willingly did when he had some down time to catch his breath and take a much needed vacation. “I think it’s the most difficult time for us [head coaches] the off season, but I managed to grab 10 days vacation, Klopas said. I went with my wife and mother-in-law to St. Maarten. Taking the mother–in-law to the Caribbean? With a sense of humour like that, book that man a spot in this year’s Just For Laughs Festival. In light of the fact the Impact rebuild has reached the topping-out stage with the extreme likelihood there will be few, if any more, additions or subtractions come the scheduled season kick off in away to DC United on March 7, I asked Klopas how confident he was that the squad he now oversees will reach the promised land that is the MLS playoffs. He seemed to give a thumbs up. “I’m always very optimistic, said Klopas. More so this season because of the changes we made. Every year we are competing for a championship and getting into the playoffs is the first step.” A walking before running philosophy will serve Klopas, his players, the club front office and the fans well this season. This, after all, is the club that finished dead last in MLS in 2014. The 19th franchise, finishing in 19th place, during the league’s 19th season is hardly the marketing speak which will help resurrect the Stade Saputo gate, one which last season saw well over a 15 per cent drop-off when compared the previous year. Then add in the fact that rarely, if ever ,did the Impact look like they could actually win a match away from the intimate confines of Stade Saputo. Achieving that in 2015 is not the biggest challenge confronting Klopas this season. Blending all the brand new separate and diverse personalities, egos, accents and dialectss into the singular cohesive unit will take far greater effort and will only come with time. Luke Stocker Jersey. Alongside thi,s the players, especially when things go pear-shaped, will have to set aside personal issues for the better good of the whole. It’s unrealistic to expect the players will get on fabulously at all times. But just like diving, fake it if you have to. The road to the playoffs has been made considerably easier to attain as, yet again, the MLS playoff equation has a brand new formula for 2015. Mathematically speaking, you now have a far greater chance to advance than ever before in league history. That figure now sits at an inflation-busting 60 per cent. Not sure this was the best idea for a league that will roll the red carpet out all season long as it celebrates its 20th anniversary. Two seemingly ever presents during recent seasons in the Eastern Conference playoffs in Sporting KC and the Dynamo have been sent to the far tougher Western Conference to make room for the dynamic expansion duo of New York City FC and Orlando City. Klopas, though, doesn’t view this as beneficial to the Impacts cause. “I think every team has got better, he explained. I know that even the two expansion teams have bought in some quality players. Two strong teams moved on, but I know that the new teams that have come in to replace them are quality, so it’s going to be an exciting and interesting season”. Currently half-way through a two-week indoor training camp stint at Olympic Stadium, the Impact will next embark on the second phase of training camp, where in preparation for February 24s CONCACAF Champions League first leg against in Pachuca, they will leave February 8tfor the much warmer Mexican clime for the vitally important outdoor phase. Yet to play any friendly matches, Klopas confirmed to TSN.ca this will all change in Mexico. “There will be at least three games, said Klopas. Cruz Azul reserve team will be one opponent and we are currently finalizing other matches. We haven’t finalized them yet, but are close to doing so.” How appropriate it would be if one such opponent turns out to be Santos Laguna? Time to pack Eddie Sebrango in their carry-ons. Speaking of baggage, there is very little sign that the white smoke of a CBA deal is even close to emerging – with each passing day, the overhang of a player strike increases in probability. Free agency, an absolute mandatory condition for the players, could well be the torch paper for a scenario that, if it were to come to fruition, could place MLS way back to the dark days of planet futbol ridicule. When I engaged Klopas on how confident he felt the season would start on schedule, the diplomat in him emerged. “There’s always that thought in our minds, but it is out of our control, he said. So we hope for the best and that there will be a resolution which is the best for everyone involved.” Let’s hope both sides, when making their final considerations and offers, do so by first of all asking themselves one vital, but continually overlooked, question in any CBA discussions - Is this in the best interests of our fans? If not, MLS and MLSPA, then take your ball and go home for a final think. Klopas and his squad will welcome Impact supporters with open arms during Saturday morning’s open practice session at Olympic Stadium, something that Klopas is relishing. He’s got to know the Impact support up close for over a year now and is most appreciative of what he has seen and heard. “The thing for me I found last season is that the fans here in Montreal are extremely passionate about their team, Klopas said. I believe Saturday morning’s open practice is a fantastic opportunity for them to come out and support us and see firsthand the new players we have bought into the team. I am looking forward actually to seeing a lot of our fans come out Saturday morning to Olympic Stadium.” And with that as the late evening emerged and signaled the end of an eight-hour Olympic Stadium shift, Klopas likely went straight home and cooked supper...for three. I wonder if the mother-in-law did the washing up. Noel.Butler@BellMedia.ca @TheSoccerNoel on Twitter Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz