Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
jokergreen0220 Offline

14.02.2019 09:02
In April of 1989, a man named Charles Yacoub hijacked a bus with 10 passengers at gunpoint in Montreal. [url=http://www.cheapair Antworten

In April of 1989, a man named Charles Yacoub hijacked a bus with 10 passengers at gunpoint in Montreal. Air Max 95 China Wholesale . He forced the driver to take him to Parliament Hill. I was one month into my career, a cub news reporter at CJOH, the local CTV station in Ottawa. This would be the first major story Id cover. The bus ended up on the front lawn of The Parliament Buildings, right in front of the Peace Tower. It would sit there for five tense hours, with Yacoub and the hostages inside. He would eventually surrender—and in a very strange trial I covered—somehow get acquitted of the most of the charges, including hostage taking (this was my initiation to our justice system). Those images of the bus on the lawn of our Parliament, Yacoub pacing back and forth inside with his gun, were surreal for Canadians. Especially an idealistic Ottawa boy who grew up thinking Parliament Hill was the symbol of our peaceful country. And the place we went for long, boring field trips in elementary school. They locked down the Hill that day, too. I stood with a group of reporters just outside the police perimeter, grabbing streeters (quick interviews) with stunned citizens who all said exactly what we were thinking: How could this happen in Ottawa? We said the same thing six years later, this time through tears, when sportscaster and former NHLer Brian Smith, a friend and local legend, was shot dead as he walked out of our building after doing his 6pm sportscast. The bus hijacking had been shocking, but Smittys death was unfathomable. It couldnt happen in our safe, wonderful, city. No way. But it did. A very sick man named Jeffrey Arenburg thought the media was broadcasting messages through his head. So he drove to our station and shot the first person he recognized. And everybody in Ottawa knew Smitty. Arenburg would be found not criminally responsible for Brians death, and put in a mental institution. He was released a few years later (my re-initiation to our justice system). I thought about both those awful incidents Wednesday, as the frightening--then heartbreaking--news from Ottawa broke piece-by-piece, tweet-by-tweet. It felt familiar in the worst possible way. But not shocking. That word slipped away after 9/11. We almost expect these horrific acts to happen now. Its only the when and where that catch us off-guard. Our parents generation grew up fearing wars. We fear being at the wrong place at the wrong time, when some lunatic decides to make his statement. Nathan Cirillo knew there was risk when he became a soldier, but not today. Not in Ottawa and not standing in front of a monument with an unarmed weapon, ready to smile and pose with tourists. We feel sick for his family. His friends. We tweet condolences, which never feel like enough. I cover sports for a living. I wont attempt to offer an opinion on the issues that stem from what happened today—terrorism, politics, religion, national security, etc. You can find plenty of that elsewhere. What I do know is that when that bus hijacking happened in 89, and more so when Smitty was killed, we felt like Ottawa would never be the same…like it was somehow tarnished. But those feelings fade in time. And they will again. I was back in town this past weekend for the Senators opener and Homecoming at Carleton University. It was spectacular. I took my parents for breakfast at Dalys, my favourite buffet right across from Parliament Hill. I drank beer with old friends, and screamed my lungs out with students dressed as Penguins (I have no idea) at the Ravens game. My hometown is hurting tonight and there are a lot of questions to be answered. But dont question this: Ottawa is a great city with great people. It was this morning. It is tonight. And it always will be. Air Max 95 Clearance . A fully booked flight forced me to leave two hours later. After a nice meal in which I studied the stats of the Argo win, I prepared to leave the restaurant. As I was gathering my things to leave many large individuals began to walk up and wait for tables. Cheap Air Max 95 Free Shipping . Rasmussen didnt have a decision during his four appearances in May, when he gave up two hits and no runs in two innings. Toronto used five relievers while pulling off the second-biggest comeback in franchise history on Friday night, rallying from an 8-0 deficit to a 14-9 win. http://www.cheapairmax95china.com/ . Amare Stoudemire had 22 points and 10 rebounds, Carmelo Anthony scored 21 and the New York Knicks won their eighth straight game, 93-92 over Philadelphia on Friday night, sending the Sixers to their 23rd straight loss.TORONTO – Henrik Zetterberg was everywhere on Friday night. Detroits captain was the driving force in erasing the Maple Leafs mini two-game win streak, piling together four assists in an overwhelming performance at the ACC. That performance was another indictment on Torontos lacklustre defensive efforts. Three days after holding Colorado to just 24 shots did the Leafs revert back to the troubling defensive ways of their all too recent past. There were the concerning missed assignments, a parade of turnovers in the neutral zone, inconsistent pressure up the ice and a series of battles lost as the fast and efficient Red Wings controlled possession almost with ease – 66-48 overall. It seemed like they had more players on the ice than we did, Jake Gardiner said after the 4-1 loss, which opens a back-to-back set with Detroit. Deeply frustrated with the assortment of failures afterward, head coach Randy Carlyle pointed to the 11 turnovers and four offside calls he flagged specifically in the first period alone, errors he said were just unacceptable. We find ways to make life more difficult for ourselves and thats the most frustrating part, Carlyle said, singling out an unimpressionable fore-check and easy neutral zone as key fails against the Wings. Taking full advantage, Zetterberg made his first imprint on the evening midway through the opening frame. Picking the pocket of Roman Polak behind the net, he veered along the end-boards before finding Johan Franzen to the right of James Reimer for a tap-in marker. That was goal one. Continuing on early in the second period, Zetterberg edged around an awkward Gardiner in the Toronto zone, waited out Reimer, waited some more and then dropped it back to Franzen again for goal two. He made one more dazzling dish later in that same frame, twisting around Polak again before handing off to Gustav Nyquist for the Wings third marker. Zetterberg would add his fourth assist on Justin Abdelkaders second of the season. You look at their goals, Dion Phaneuf said afterward, they all came from the key area of the ice. We seemed to be a little bit too loose in that area. When theres tap-in goals and cross-ice passes that are right to guys that are in the slot and key area, thats something that we have to be better at. You just cant give chances like that in this league, teams make you pay. Stuck in the Western Conference for the near-entirety of his quietly storied career, Zetterberg has played in just 10 games against Toronto, totaling six goals and 14 points. Hes just three points back of Ted Lindsay for eighth all-time in Red Wings scoring history. Hes really smart, I know that, Gardiner observed of the 34-year-old. You just see the little plays he makes with his stick. He sees the ice so well. Hes a great player. The Leafs have given up four goals or more in each of their three losses, yielding a troubling average of 34 shots against overall. Five Points 1. Effective Hockey Player A brief tour in the press box ended Friday for Jake Gardiner, who returned to the Toronto lineup against Detroit. Gardiner replaced the struggling Stephane Robidas alongside Morgan Rielly, leading the Leafs with more than 22 minutes. I expect him to play to a higher level, Carlyle said of the 24-year-old before the game, move the puck more effectively, [be] stronger defensively [and] take the body when it presents itself. Theres always so much made about what has to be done, he just has to be a hockey player and an effective hockey player. Thats all I ask of any of the players. I thought I played okay, Gardiner said afterward of his performance. I can still improve on some things. Hopefully Im in the lineup [Saturday], well see. Robidas, meanwhile, isnt likely to play again until next week. Carlyle believes his early struggles – coming off a broken right leg – align with his absence from training camp. The 37-year-old didnt join on-ice workouts with the team until the two-week exercise was 10 days old. He suited up for only one preseason game – the exhibition finale versus the Red Wings. It really lays the foundation for the player as far as a building block, Carlyle said of training camp. They dont like the practices, they dont like playing the games, the back-to-backs, the skates tthat place in it, but in the long haul it seems that players that dont have the opportunity to participate in training camp have lulls through the course of the season. Cheap Air Max 95 China. 2. Second NHL Tour Ask Leo Komarov and hell tell you hes much more comfortable in his second tour of NHL duty. Hes familiar with the league, with the routines, with his teammates and coaches, he says. Where he might have been shy or unwilling to speak up in his first season with the Leafs, he now assumes a different confidence. Carlyle echoed those thoughts recently. I think hes much more confident, said Carlyle, just before the weekend set with Detroit. I think there was no surprise for him coming back to the NHL. Hes calmed down with the puck. The year or just the experience of being here before and playing at this level and playing in the playoffs has given him more confidence. Its for those reasons that Komarov believes hell be better prepared to contribute offensively this season. Setting up Mike Santorelli for the Leafs first and only goal on Friday, Komarov now has four assists in five games. The 27-year-old had only nine points in 42 games as a rookie in 2013. 3. Top Line Cohesion Related to that and a likely contributor in the early season struggles of the Leafs top line was the limited amount of time they spent on the ice together at training camp. Tyler Bozak and Phil Kessel were both bothered by injuries during the preseason and as a result, the trio – also including James van Riemsdyk – played in only one preseason game as a unit, also apart for many of the on-ice sessions. van Riemsdyk conceded it as a factor. You have to think at least to a degree, he said. But theres no reason to make excuses. Obviously theres always different things going on in training camp, but you just have to be ready to go. We didnt, all three of us just for whatever reason, spend that much time together in training camp. Take that for what its worth I guess. 4. Kozun Injured It was a thunderous collision late in the middle period and one that Brandon Kozun had trouble getting up from. The feisty Kozun, who earned an unlikely job in training camp, collided violently with Kyle Quincey in the corner behind Detroits goal. He struggled to get to his feet during the television timeout and was eventually helped off the ice by Santorelli and a team trainer – putting no weight on his left leg. The Leafs believed Kozun suffered a high ankle sprain on the play. Hell go for an MRI on Saturday. One of Matt Frattin or Carter Ashton figures to slot into the lineup in his place. 5. Playing the Off-Side Dion Phaneuf continues what looks to be an uncomfortable transition to the left side, an adjustment, according to Carlyle, that shouldnt be all that challenging. I dont think its really that difficult, personally, the former Norris Trophy winner said recently, later conceding that Phaneuf was still adjusting from his usual spot on right defence. Back in the lineup Friday, Gardiner was asked to make a similar shift early last season. He played 13 games on the right – from his usual left – and never took to it. Gardiner felt his vision, especially looking up ice in the neutral zone, was compromised playing on the right. The angles in his defensive routes were different too – footwork and positioning just awkward and unnatural. And that would appear the early issue for the Toronto captain, who doesnt appear comfortable just yet. The offensive zone was one benefit Gardiner could see from the experiment to his off-side, able then to walk the line from right to left and look for shooting lanes and opportunities. Stats-Pack 4 – Assists for Henrik Zetterberg Friday against Toronto. 22:12 – Ice-time for Jake Gardiner in his return to the lineup. 4 – Points through five games for Leo Komarov. 66-48 – Possession battle, favouring the Red Wings. 34 – Shots against per game the Leafs have allowed this season. Special Teams Capsule PP: 0-2 Season: 26.3 per cent PK: 5-5 Season: 82.4 per cent Quote of the Night It seemed like they had more players on the ice than we did. -Jake Gardiner following the 4-1 loss to Detroit. Up Next The Leafs finish a home-and-home set with the Red Wings in Detroit on Saturday. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz