Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 74 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
jokergreen0220 Offline

14.02.2019 09:03
TORONTO -- Just because Tim Gleason is happy to be in Toronto doesnt mean hell be wearing a Maple Leafs jersey right away. [url= Antworten

TORONTO -- Just because Tim Gleason is happy to be in Toronto doesnt mean hell be wearing a Maple Leafs jersey right away. Air Jordan 4 Sale Cheap . Gleason, obtained from the Carolina Hurricanes for fellow defenceman John-Michael Liles and a prospect, practised with the Leafs for the first time Friday. But its uncertain if hell play Saturday night against the New York Rangers. "We feel he can make a contribution, and if it starts (Saturday) night or if it starts the next night or the night after, its always nice to have depth in defencemen," coach Randy Carlyle said. "I think its one of those things where youd like the player to get a little bit more familiar with your group, too. "Well see on how we feel he sets up." Gleason was paired with Mark Fraser on Friday. Fraser has been a healthy scratch for Torontos past six games and eight of the last nine. Carlyle provided some mixed signals on whether Gleason might be in the lineup for his size and physicality. "New Yorks got some big forwards in (Rick) Nash and (Brian) Boyle," he said. "Theyre a hockey club that will try to grind it down down-low. So those are all things you take into consideration." Carlyle and his staff must also consider Gleasons quick turnaround after being dealt New Years Day as the Leafs were playing in the Winter Classic. The veteran has a steep learning curve ahead of him. "Theres a lot of information, a lot of system things, kind of like going back to school, so its good," Gleason said. The 30-year-old left-handed shot had just one assist in 17 games for Carolina this season. He knew he was being traded about a week ago and was pulled out of games and practices beginning Dec. 31 against Montreal, so it didnt come as much of a surprise. Gleason, whose final game with the Hurricanes was at Air Canada Centre against the Leafs, also knew to expect more media attention than he got in Raleigh, N.C. "This is totally different from what Im used to. Theres usually two of you," Gleason said with a smile. "This is exciting, and (Im) happy to be a part of this club." The six-foot, 217-pound Gleason figures to fit in better with Carlyles ideal identity than the smaller, quicker Liles, whos more of a puck-mover. "I think Im a physical player," Gleason said. "Thats kind of how Ive earned my spot throughout my career so far, just being physical and being hard to play against and kind of bringing that gritty type of style of play." That gritty style of play is exactly why the Leafs acquired Gleason and his US$4-million cap hit that runs for two more seasons after this one. Unlike Liles, who was made expendable by the growth of Morgan Rielly and Jake Gardiner, Gleason wont be out of place. "I think were asking Tim Gleason to play the way hes accustomed to playing," Carlyle said. "Thats the style of play that hes etched out an NHL career (with), being a strong, physical, defensive defenceman. "We think he has something to offer to our group." Gleason will likely have something to offer as long as he can stay healthy. He missed time at the start of the season with a concussion and then separate stretches with an upper-body and then a lower-body injury. Asked if he was healthy now, Gleason deemed himself 100 per cent. "Obviously I had some issues prior at the beginning of the year, kind of a setback," he said. "But all good and ready to go and ready to get my game back here." Gleasons challenge in getting his game back has to do with the Leafs carrying eight defencemen. Theyve played eight this season, counting Liles, and at one point had a ninth on the roster in T.J. Brennan, who did not dress. That also could be a bit of a problem for Carlyle when it comes to juggling eight and only being able to play six or sometimes seven at a time. "Its always tough when youre making decisions whether people are in and out of the lineup. It does complicate it," Carlyle said. "But thats a luxury. We always state that when you start the beginning of the year, you think you need nine or 10 to get through the year. This years no different than that. "We just felt that with the way our team is and the way weve played that wed like to add some stiffness on the back end." The Leafs did that in getting Gleason for Liles and 2011 sixth-rounder Dennis Robertson, a defenceman whos playing at Brown University. Gleason had to waive his no-trade clause to make it happen and did so knowing it was a smart, practical move. "Ultimately it was our decision as a family," said Gleason, a veteran of 616 NHL regular-season games. "Youve been (in) a place for eight years, you kind of have friendships outside the hockey, things like that. It plays a big part in life itself. "But I knew as a hockey decision I had to move on, and what a better place to be than Toronto." Gleason arrived on a day temperatures reached -22 C and after snow had fallen across much of the region. That didnt bother the native of Clawson, Mich., which is about 20 minutes outside of Detroit. "Im a Michigander, so its not that far off," Gleason said. "Its in my blood. I tried to shake it for eight years, but I came back and I was used to it." NOTES -- Practice was delayed more than 40 minutes because of accidents on the west-bound section of the Gardiner Expressway. Accidents appeared to involve 10 cars in two separate places, and centre Nazem Kadri got caught up in congestion around Islington. It was unclear which other players were stuck in traffic getting out to the teams practice facility. ... The Leafs will wear their Winter Classic jerseys twice more this season, Jan. 18 against the Canadiens and Feb. 7 against the Canucks. Because of that, goaltender Jonathan Bernier will keep his vintage brown pads around before giving them to charity. ... The NHL said an average of 3.57 million people watched CBCs broadcast of the Winter Classic, which is the most for any non-playoff game in Canadian broadcast history. Air Jordan 4 Discount . In five games last month, Billings led all scorers with 11 goals, 27 assists and 38 points as the Rock posted a 2-3 record. Air Jordan 4 Retro Discount .Chanathip Songkrasin opened the scoring in the sixth minute before Kroekrit found the target twice in the 57th and four minutes from fulltime.Vietnam and Malaysia play their second leg on Thursday. Vietnam won the first leg 2-1. http://www.airjordan4discount.com/ . -- Michael Frazier II scored 21 points, Dorian Finney-Smith added 11 and No.SASKATOON -- A junior hockey player hospitalized in Saskatoon with meningitis remains in critical condition, but is stable and improving. A statement by the Saskatoon Health Region says doctors are slowly trying to wake Tim Bozon from a medically induced coma. His family has indicated he is responding to verbal stimuli. Bozon plays for the Kootenay Ice of the Western Hockey League and is a prospect with the NHL Montreal Canadiens. The 19-year-old was admitted March 1 to Saskatoons Royal University Hospital where he was diagnosed. His parents, Philippe and Helene, say they have been overwhelmed by email and social media messages of support from people around the world. "The family is very appreciative and will respond sometime in tthe near future," said the statement released Thursday. Cheap Air Jordan 4 Retro. "The family also wants to express thanks to the doctors and staff at Royal University Hospital for the care Tim has received." The Western Hockey League has established a trust fund to assist the Bozon family with medical and rehabilitation costs not covered by insurance. Details are to be released later this week. Bozon fell ill following a game Feb. 28 against the Saskatoon Blades. Health officials have been working to make sure anyone who may have come into contact with the bacteria that causes the illness receives appropriate treatment. Bozon was selected in the third round, 64th overall, by Montreal in the 2012 National Hockey League draft. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz