Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 99 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
douhua2233 Offline

18.02.2019 02:39
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The Philadelphia Flyers know the importance Antworten

LAS VEGAS (AP) — The Philadelphia Flyers know the importance of opening the season with a road victory.Wayne Simmonds scored two goals to lead Philadelphia to a 5-2 season-opening road win over the Vegas Golden Knights on Thursday night.It was the Flyers’ third straight season-opening victory in a Pacific Division city. Philadelphia has earned at least a point in each of its last four season openers (3-0-1).Oskar Lindblom Custom Detroit Red Wings Jerseys , Robert Hagg and Scott Laughton also scored for the Flyers, one of seven NHL teams to win on the road during Thursday’s 10-game slate.“I think it’s tough sometimes when you open at your own rink,” Elliott said. “You have all the spectacles and the show, sometimes it takes away from your focus a little bit and the road team just has to come in and play (its) game.”And while the defending Western Conference champion Golden Knights’ scoring chances outweighed Philadelphia’s, 24-14, Flyers netminder Brian Elliott was outstanding in stopping 23 of the 25 shots he faced in front of an announced crowd of 18,555.Vegas’ Marc-Andre Fleury allowed five goals and stopped 11 of 16 shots before being replaced by Malcolm Subban with 9:49 left in the second period. Subban stopped all nine of the shots he saw.Vegas coach Gerard Gallant dispatched the notion about his team being distracted by the pre-game festivities, which included the raising of the Pacific Division and Western Conference championship banners.“I was excited and our players were excited to start at home tonight, it just didn’t go our way,” Gallant said. “I thought we played a real good 10 minutes to open the game up. We had a 1-0 lead and then (Shea) Theodore hit the crossbar, would have made it 2-0. After that they pretty well took over the game.”Jonathan Marchessault and Pierre-Edouard Bellemare were the only ones to score for Vegas, as the Flyers dominated the neutral zone.“We kind of just wanted to counter-attack their speed, that’s the way they play www.islandersfanproshop.com ,” said Simmonds, who led the Flyers with four shots and seven hits. “They have their D jumping the rush a lot of times, and we figured if we could bust the zone we could keep their D back. It worked to our advantage and we kept pucks in and we went in and we got them.”Marchessault’s shot from the left dot gave the Golden Knights a 1-0 lead early in the first period, but Lindblom tied the game after making a nice move around Fleury’s left pad and a backhand into an empty net.Simmonds pounced on a loose puck sitting on the goal line, and poked it into the net to give the Flyers a 2-1 lead late in the first period. His second goal made it 3-1 early in the second period when he slipped a shot under a sprawled out Fleury.Simmonds has five goals in his last two season-openers.Later in the second period, it was Mikhail Vorobyev, in his NHL debut, starting a rush with a stretch pass to James van Riemsdyk, who then fed Hagg, who beat Fleury with a wrist shot to the glove side. Just 1:06 later, Laughton deflected Radko Gudas‘ shot from the point to make it 5-1.Bellemare netted a short-handed goal to cut Philadelphia’s lead to 5-2 with 11:32 left in the game.This marked the first of two games in nine days between these clubs. Vegas will visit the Flyers on October 13 to wrap up a five-game road trip that begins Saturday night.NOTES: Only in Las Vegas will you find crooner Wayne Newton and rapper Lil Jon simultaneously dropping the ceremonial first puck together pregame. … With his two assists, Jakub Voracek reached 400 points for his career. … Claude Giroux’s assist on Simmonds’ second goal moved him past Bill Barber for third on the Flyers’ all-time list with 464.UP NEXT:Philadelphia: Visits Colorado on Saturday.Vegas: Visits Minnesota on Saturday. If Saturday night was any indication, Eeli Tolvanen is ready for his second try at the NHL.The 19-year old Tolvanen New York Islanders T-Shirts Womens , who looked overmatched in three games late last season, was called up Saturday morning from Milwaukee of the AHL due to another wave of injuries and illness that left the Nashville Predators without three of their top six forwards for a game against the Chicago Blackhawks.All Tolvanen did was pot his first NHL goal and add an assist in a four-goal first period that lifted Nashville to a 5-2 win, enabling it to regain sole possession of first place in the Central Division and the Western Conference.Article continues below ...Tolvanen and the Predators will try to close out a five-game homestand with a victory Monday night when they meet the Buffalo Sabres at Bridgestone Arena.With Filip Forsberg (broken hand) and Nick Bonino (illness) added to a growing injury list that includes defenseman P.K. Subban, right winger Viktor Arvidsson and center Kyle Turris, Nashville’s once-formidable depth is being stretched to its limits.The performance of Tolvanen, whose goal came on a wicked backhander to the top right corner, can only give the Predators hope and belief he might be ready to make the contribution they’ve believed he can since picking him in the first round of the 2017 draft.“I thought he moved through the game really well,” Nashville coach Peter Laviolette said. “When he gets those opportunities in front of the net like he did tonight, it shows the talent he has to put the puck in the net. I thought the way he moved up and down the ice was great.”There was talk that when the Predators assigned Tolvanen to the AHL, he might return to the KHL. But Tolvanen took his nightly shifts in Milwaukee, scoring four goals and seven assists in 21 games, and averaging more than two shots per game.Tolvanen said his time in Milwaukee also helped him defensively.“I felt like I was more comfortable with the game system and all the guys there and the coaching staff,” he said. “I think it’s helped me a lot with my defensive game and just being more comfortable out there.”While Nashville (18-8-1) is hoping to finish its homestand at 3-2-0 New York Islanders Hoodies Womens , Buffalo (17-7-3) is aiming to get back into the win column to close out a three-game road trip. After Tampa Bay ended the Sabres’ 10-game winning streak Thursday night with a 5-4 verdict, Florida dumped them 3-2 Friday night in overtime.Still, it’s been quite a turnaround for Buffalo, which was the worst team in the NHL in 2017-18. A third of the way through this season, it’s on pace for 111 points and is challenging Tampa Bay and Toronto for the Atlantic Division lead.“You talk about every team being ready. They know about the streak now,” said Sabres coach Phil Housley, a former assistant under Laviolette in Nashville. “They see where we are in the standings and we’re going to get everybody’s best game.”Former Predators backup goalie Carter Hutton (12-7-1, 2.63 goals-against average, .917 save percentage) is expected to oppose Pekka Rinne (11-4-1, 1.86, .934) in net.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz