Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 64 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
jokergreen0220 Offline

16.07.2019 05:35
s the first indicator for Price that his territory was about to become violated. Price immediately pu Antworten

CLEVELAND -- On his way out to the field for pregame batting practice, Jason Kipnis hung a hard right in the Indians clubhouse to give Jason Giambi a big hug. Philip Rivers Womens Jersey . "Great to see you," Kipnis told Clevelands respected designated hitter. "You, too, little brother," Giambi said. Big G is back with the Indians. Almost. Sidelined since spring training by a fractured rib, Giambi has been cleared to play and is scheduled to be activated from the disabled list Monday, when the Indians open a four-game series with the Kansas City Royals. The 43-year-old recently played in several games in a minor league injury rehabilitation assignment at Double-A Akron, a stop that helped his swing and also brought back memories of his path to the big leagues. "Sometimes you forget the grind," Giambi said. "Its been 20 years since I was a minor leaguer." While he was with the Aeros, Giambi and teammate Michael Bourn, who was with him to rehab a strained hamstring, treated the minor leaguers to several meals and found themselves serving up advice to some of the youngsters in Clevelands system. It comes naturally to Giambi, who is still playing but may one day try his hand at managing. He was a finalist for Colorados opening before signing with the Indians before last season. "Id like to, but the universe will determine that, not me," Giambi said with a laugh at his locker. "I love the nuances of the game and being a part of that. Ive played for some of the greatest managers in the game, Tony La Russa and Joe Torre and Tito (Terry Francona) and Jim Tracy." Giambi said hes ready to play, but the Indians will wait until after the weekend. Giambi took batting practice before Fridays series opener against Toronto and looked to be himself while launching several home runs into the right-field seats. The Indians have opened 7-8 without Giambi, and Francona said his presence has been missed inside the clubhouse, dugout and on the field. "Guys know hes there," Francona said. "Shoot, I know hes there. Because G is never going to back down from anybody and that doesnt mean you have to fight or anything. But its a nice teammates to have around. He can be a settling influence. He can kick somebody in the pants. Hes a great guy to have around. "Believe me, I wouldnt say all these things if they werent true. This is how I feel." Giambi injured his rib during spring training and was placed on the DL on March 30. While he batted just .183 last season, he hit nine homers and drove in 31 runs in 186 at-bats. Giambi also provided perhaps the seasons signature moment, when he belted a pinch-hit homer in the 10th inning to beat Chicago on Sept. 24. The homer helped propel the Indians to their first playoff appearance since 2007. While some fans look only at Giambis statistics and wonder why the Indians would dedicate a roster spot to an aging, situational hitter, Francona says Giambis impact goes way beyond numbers. "G can change the game in the batters box," Francona said. "Hes not here to hit .300, that would be great. But hes here to change the game with one of his swings and he has the ability to do that." Melvin Gordon III Womens Jersey . - Tom Brady was upset that his New England Patriots hardly looked like a division champion in the first half. Melvin Ingram Jersey . An offseason trade acquisition from Kansas City, Greinkes National League debut was delayed by a non-baseball injury in the spring, and he was 0-1 after dropping an 8-0 decision at Atlanta in his initial appearance with the Brewers on May 4. http://www.chargersauthenticofficialonline.com/authentic-kellen-winslow-jersey.html . Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist stood tall with 41 saves between the pipes, but it was defenceman Ryan McDonagh who got the first star of the game as he had a goal and an assist and now has two goals and four assists for six points in two games.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hey Kerry, I would like to ask about Justin Abdelkaders alleged goaltender interference call on Pavel Datsyuks backhand goal last night in the Red Wings-Habs game. Abdelkader didnt appear to be in or stay in the crease nor hinder Carey Price from making the save. Just looking for your input and explanation. Thanks, Jacob Messing --- Jacob: There was nothing alleged about a violation of rule 69.3 once Justin Abdelkader initiated contact with Carey Price just inside the blue paint. The contact by Abdelkader moved Price slightly backwards and off his set thereby preventing Price from establishing his position within his goal crease as defined in the rule. Referee Greg Kimmerly viewed the play correctly from start to finish and did not hesitate to wave off Pavel Datsyuks backhand shot that slid past Price and found the back of the net. Heres the language of rule 69.3 to provide the violation that took place: - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed. - If a goalkeeper, in the act of establishing his position within his goal crease, initiates contact with an attacking player who is in the goal crease, and this results inn an impairment of the goalkeepers ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed. Nasir Adderley Chargers Jersey. I have stated in previous columns that Carey Price is without question, the very best goalkeeper in the NHL at utilizing rule 69 to his advantage whenever an attacking player enters the blue paint. The snow from Abdelkaders stopping action was the first indicator for Price that his territory was about to become violated. Price immediately pushed forward with his left skate/pad toward the top of the right side crease where the Detroit forward was attacking. Abdelkaders forward momentum (stick and body) initiated contact with Price. The Habs goalie reached and hugged the leg of the crease violator that resulted in a positional turn from the impending shot by Datsyuk. Both of these actions and resulting contact between Abdelkader and Price violated the language of 69.3. When the puck slid past Price and into the net he was turned toward the referee with his hands raised; a clear indication to the referee that interference had been committed. I would like to see the referees make this call on a consistent basis in the way that referee Kimmerly did. The onus is on the attacking player to stop short of the goal crease and not make contact with the goalkeeper; incidental or otherwise. In the case of Carey Prices crease, I would advise attacking players to stay well clear of his paint. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz