Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
panxing18 Offline

05.08.2019 03:20
Every NFL team should have a trade up s Antworten

cenario. Here’s one for the Panthers." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCat Scratch Readera Carolina Panthers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsAboutPanthersOddsShopStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomFiled under:Panthers 2019 NFL DraftShould the Carolina Panthers trade up to draft a pass rusher?New Baby Donte Jackson Jersey ,57commentsEvery NFL team should have a trade up scenario. Here’s one for the Panthers.EDTShareTweetShareShareShould the Carolina Panthers trade up to draft a pass rusher?Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesA week ago I would have said there are potentially two positions the Panthers would consider trading up to fill in the 2019 draft: left tackle and edge rusher. With the re-signing of offensive tackle Daryl Williams and the release of Matt Kalil it appears the Panthers are comfortable at the tackle position. That may not be a correct assumption but I’m going to assume it is for the trade up scenarios I’m about to postulate.So who would be a Panthers trading partner in a trade up? Well the Panthers favorite partner these last couple of seasons, the Buffalo Bills, are sitting seven spots ahead of the Panthers. To move from No. 16 to No. 9 would cost a second round pick. So let’s say the plan is to trade next year’s second rounder (it could be No. 64) to move up into the top ten as the first scenario. In my second round scenario the Panthers use the same pick to move up in the second round. First round trade up scenarioSo what edge rushers would be worth the price for the Panthers to trade up with the Bills to the No. 9 spot? Let’s name a couple easy ones first. Nick Bosa and Josh Allen seem obvious to me. There is no chance Bosa goes lower than third or that time Allen gets past the Buccaneers at No. 5 overall. So that leaves these four players as possibilities, Montez Sweat, Rashan Gary, Clelin Ferrell and Brian Burns. All three players are being pegged as top-15 players and not expected to slip to the No. 16 spot. I’ve already discussed my preference for Sweat at No. 16 before he blew up the combine. As far as Gary Best Donte Jackson Jersey , even if the Panthers think he is worth the price he would still be a bit of a project as Billy Marshall points out in his profile on Gary:That leaves Brian Burns and Clelin Ferrell, two contrasting players. Burns brings the speed and bend to the edge while Ferrell is more about power. Rivera could find either very useful in his 2019 defense. Yet my problem with a trade up is either could also be available at number sixteen.My final thoughts on a trade up for an edge rusher in the first are that Bosa and Allen are no brainers and three (Burns, Ferrell and Gary) of the other four, though likely to be drafted before No. 16, the Panthers should not jump up to draft them. Montez Sweat on the other hand would be worth the price. Of course there are a couple of other defensive players the Panthers could instead target in a first round trade up. There is no way Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams lasts to No. 9 but he would be well worth the price. Another possibility is linebacker Devin White from LSU. We know how Rivera covets linebackers and he has a spot open for a new starter in his 4-3 alignments. Rivera also needs a linebacker to play next to Luke Kuechly in 3-4 packages, something White could play as well:If White’s only weakness is reading defenses well who better to teach him that than Luke Kuechly? Don’t overlook this scenario Adult Donte Jackson Jersey , the Panthers have made much more surprising moves in the past. For you skeptics though I also see a first round trade up as an unlikely scenario and not one I advocate either. I have always preferred to not trade up or down and just use my given picks wisely. But sometimes players you never think will be there come into reach and so teams have learned to be prepared for the unexpected. I’m sure every general manager has a player they decided to not trade up for that they regret in hindsight.Likewise there are examples where teams pulled traded up with that seemed like a stiff price at first but was quickly forgotten once the player performed at an elite level. Julio Jones is an example that comes to mind. The Falcons gave up five draft picks to jump from No. 27 to No. 6. It seemed steep at the time but it’s hard to say he hasn’t been worth it. Let me wind down by saying I’m not ruling out a trade up for a left tackle in the first round in spite of the Daryl Williams signing. There are a couple worth the price and when combined with my potential second round trade up scenario could result in the Panthers landing both a starting tackle and a coveted edge rusher. By trading both their 2019 and 2020 picks the Panthers can get back into the final third of the first round. Check back tomorrow for more thoughts on a second round trade up scenario. Panthers fans are rightfully disappointed after a a 7-9 showing last year, but at least Marty Hurney isn’t openly antagonizing us."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomSo I guess Panthers fans were wrong to be upset when Dave Gettleman was fired in 2017?New,130commentsPanthers fans are rightfully disappointed after a a 7-9 showing last year, but at least Marty Hurney isn’t openly antagonizing us. EDTShareTweetShareShareSo I guess Panthers fans were wrong to be upset when Dave Gettleman was fired in 2017?Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY SportsFormer Carolina Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman was shockingly relieved of his duties back in July 2017 and with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, that was probably a good thing. Gettleman arrived in Charlotte in 2013 with the unenviable task of cleaning up the dreadful salary cap situation left by former (and now current) GM Marty Hurney. To his credit, G-man did just that and built a talented roster that went 40-23-1 and reached the Super Bowl during his four-year tenure. To say Panthers fans were displeased with his abrupt departure in the summer of 2017 is an understatement. A Cat Scratch Reader poll at the time revealed 81 percent of fans opposed Gettleman’s firing. Fast forward 20 months and it’s starting to look like we dodged a bullet. After leaving Charlotte Donte Jackson Panthers Jersey , Gettleman was hired by the New York Giants in December 2017 and in that short period of time has left many of the team’s fans questioning his plans. He traded away Odell Beckham, Jr. and Olivier Vernon while incurring $24 million in dead money next year. He let Landon Collins walk in free agency. He remains committed to Eli Manning despite his declining play and $23 million cap hit in the final year of his contract. While I don’t follow the Giants closely, those decisions are curious to an outsider looking in. But in addition to the questionable roster moves, Gettleman has come across as defensive, prickly, and dismissive in the media. In a recent press conference he was quoted as saying the following:About his quarterback: “The narrative that Eli’s overpaid and can’t play is a crock.”When explaining the logic of signing older free agents on a team that should be rebuilding: “I have this crazy idea that age doesn’t bother me.”When questioned about his roster moves: “It’s not my responsibility to tell you guys what I’m doing.”Gettleman’s unpopular decisions led to his Wikipedia page being edited to describe him as “the most hated man in New York and an American football clown” whose present job is “Ruined the New York Giants.” Pat Leonard of the The New York Daily News summed up the way some Giants fans feel about not only what Gettleman has done but how is he doing it: “It spits in the face of all Giants fans and tells them its raining.” Leonard goes on to say it’s “nauseating” to hear Gettleman spin his narrative. (Then again DJ Moore Panthers Jersey , this is the New York media...)But for those of us who have been through the Dave Gettleman experience, this shouldn’t be totally unexpected. He’s confident. He’s decisive. He’s a fighter. And who knows, perhaps the decisions he is making today will put the Giants in title contention in a few years. Only time will tell. Just like the Giants, the Carolina Panthers are coming off a disappointing season and have plenty of roster gaps. But unlike the Giants, the Panthers executives have kept the core together and are in the process of shoring up the weak spots. They’ve done all of this while showing professionalism and keeping their own names out of the headlines. It was just 20 months ago that I thought the Panthers made a serious mistake in parting with Dave Gettleman. Boy, can things change quickly.

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz