Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 78 mal aufgerufen
 Alle Beiträge
jokergreen0220 Offline

12.01.2019 03:34
PITTSBURGH -- Russell Martin swatted at Jonathan Broxtons 96 mph fastball and watched as Carlos Gomez gave chase. [url=http://ww Antworten

PITTSBURGH -- Russell Martin swatted at Jonathan Broxtons 96 mph fastball and watched as Carlos Gomez gave chase. Cheap Jordans Ireland . When the ball cleared the fence just out of Gomezs reach, the Pittsburgh Pirates catcher thumped his chest as he rounded first base after providing the latest lightning bolt in a season full of them for one of baseballs most resilient teams. "Its hard to be happier than that," Martin said. Buried in May, the Pirates are streaking toward October. Martins three-run blast off Broxton with one out in the eighth inning ignited the Pirates to a 4-2 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday night and gave Pittsburgh a 4 1/2-game lead in the race for the second National League wild card spot with just nine days left in the regular season. Its a spot that seemed impossible in the spring. At one point Pittsburgh trailed Milwaukee by 9 1/2 games. Now the Pirates have all the momentum. Pittsburgh has won a season-high five straight and 12 of its last 14. Mark Melancon worked a perfect ninth for his 31st save. John Holdzkom (1-0) earned the win in relief for his first major league victory. Pittsburgh spent seven innings getting overpowered by Milwaukee starter Yovani Gallardo, who struck out 11 before finally exiting after 112 pitches. Broxton (4-3), acquired on Aug. 31 to bolster a bullpen in anticipation of a playoff push, quickly gave it all away. Starling Marte led off the Pittsburgh eighth with an infield single. Neil Walker singled with one out to set the stage for Martin, who had two ugly check swings before taking a 1-1 pitch and sending it into the second row of seats in right-centre field for his 11th homer of the year and by far his most important. "I was trying to go down-and-away," Broxton said. "I dont know where it was. I dont watch the videos." Probably a good idea after the Brewers -- who led the NL Central for 149 days this year -- watched their playoff hopes take another devastating blow. Rickie Weeks hit his seventh homer of the season off Pirates starter Jeff Locke and Jonathan Lucroy added an RBI-single, but Milwaukee lost its third straight. The Brewers let a 2-0 lead get away late on Thursday night against St. Louis and fell in extra innings. They arrived in Pittsburgh at 4 a.m. on Friday morning hoping to revive their season against a team they have dominated for years, including an 11-5 mark this season. Now they likely need to sweep the final two games of the series to have any reasonable chance of catching Pittsburgh. "When you go to late innings, were used to putting games away," Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said. "Weve been really good all year in finishing out games, and were not doing it right now." Gallardo did his part. He escaped early trouble and then settled down, retiring nine of the final 10 batters he faced before giving way to Broxton after 112 leave-it-all-out-there pitches. The Pirates stranded six runners in the first four innings against Gallardo with nothing to show for it. Still, they remained upbeat after Gallardo tired. "Were a team that has a pretty good offence. When you have somebody that neutralizes you, its frustrating," Martin said. "But we believe in each other and we believe when we get to the bullpen we can make things happen." Ike Davis added an RBI single later in the inning off Jeremy Jeffress to give Melancon a little extra cushion he wouldnt need. TRAINERS ROOM Brewers: Milwaukee 1B Mark Reynolds was back in the lineup on Friday, going 0 for 3 less than 24 hours after a rare mental mistake opened the door to a late St. Louis rally. "This guy, instinctually, is unbelievable," Roenicke said. "Thats why when you see those things happen, its surprising. And, you know, why couldnt you do it in a game that didnt matter? Or a month ago, when maybe we were winning 6-0 in a game and you make a mistake? Its just when he made it that was so tough." Pirates: RHP Charlie Mortons return from the disabled list may be short-lived. Pittsburgh pulled Morton from his next scheduled start on Sunday after he felt discomfort in his groin and midsection late in his five innings of work in a victory over Boston on Tuesday. The pain intensified during a bullpen session on Thursday. Vance Worley will take Mortons spot in the rotation when the Pirates wrap up the series with Milwaukee. UP NEXT Brewers: Matt Garza (8-8, 3.74 ERA) will make his third start against the Pirates this season. The right-hander is 1-0 with a 6.55 ERA versus Pittsburgh. He is coming off six solid innings in a victory over Cincinnati last Sunday. Pirates: Edinson Volquez (12-7, 3.27 ERA) will search for his fifth straight victory when he faces the Brewers on Saturday. The 30-year-old is 2-1 with a 2.88 ERA in four starts against Milwaukee this season. Jordan Basketball Shoes Ireland . Its other five picks were all six foot or better, with three at 6-1 or above. Third-round pick Brett Lernout stands six foot four and weighs 206 pounds. Air Jordan Cheap Wholesale . With the team he supported as a child on the verge of reaching the Champions League semifinals for the first time in 19 years, Ba instead scored the goal that knocked them out. http://www.irelandairjordan.com/ . -- Arizona came out of its last meeting with California a bit discombobulated, hurting from its first loss and the loss of forward Brandon Ashley for the rest of the season. GOLD COAST, Australia -- Cheyenne Woods won the Australian Ladies Masters on Sunday for her first major professional tour victory, holding off 17-year-old Australian amateur Minjee Lee by two strokes. The 23-year-old Woods, Tiger Woods niece, closed with a 4-under 69 at Royal Pines to finish at 16-under 276. Lee also shot 69 in the event sanctioned by the European and Australian tours. Woods birdied the par-5 15th to open a two-stroke lead, hitting a wedge from about 120 yards to 4 feet. On the par-5 18th, she matched Lee with a birdie, holing out from 1 1/2 feet. "This is a huge accomplishment for me," Woods said. "The European Tour has been great to be able to play this past year. Ive been able to see all of these great players, play with Solheim Cup members ... to be able to come out here and compete with them and come out on top was huge for me." From Phoenix, Woods is the daughter of Earl Woods Jr., Tiger Woods half brother. Woods turned professional in 2012 after an All-America career at Wake Forest and her only previous pro victory came in 2012 in a SunCoast mini-tour event. Air Jordan Clearance Sale. In December, she missed the cut in the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament in a failed bid to earn a spot on the circuit. "Ive been pro for two years and, for the majority of it, people just think of me as Tiger Woods niece, so now I have a game of my own and I have a title now, a win, which is exciting," she said. "Its nice now to say to people that I can play and Im not just a name. Growing up with the last name of Woods, theres a lot of expectations and pressure and spotlight on you but I always knew that I was able to win. I always knew Id be able to compete with these ladies, so now its kind of a weight off my shoulders because now everybody knows not just me." Woods earned $51,000 and a two-year exemption on the Ladies European Tour. She will play next week in the LPGA Tour-sanctioned Womens Australian Open in Victoria. South Africas Stacy Lee Bregman and Swedens Camilla Lennarth tied for third at 12 under. Bergman closed with a 72, and Lenmarth had a 70. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz